I just bought Smush Pro and I feel a little unsafe to use

Hey, I just bought Smush Pro and I feel a little unsafe to use the plugin. Today I have 6832 photos on the website and therefore want to be sure to get it right.

I would like some advice on the following check boxes are available in the professional version

PRO FEATURES

Smush original image:
Super Smush images:
Enable NextGen Gallery integration:
Backup Original Images (Will nearly double the size of your Uploads Directory):

Would love to get some good advice from you!

Regards
Conny

• Tyler Postle

Hey Conny,

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

Smush original image:

By default, you won't actually use the original image on the frontend of your site as WordPress automatically creates up to 3 different sizes of the image on upload and you usually select one of these depending on the situation.

However, if for some reason you do put the original image on your frontend too or just want to reduce the amount of space your images take up on your server then you can enable the original image smush.

Super Smush images:

Smush's first run of your images is a lossless image compression process - so your image doesn't lose any quality at all. We just hammer out all the unnecessary data within the image.

Super Smush on the other hand, is a lossy method so you may notice a difference in image quality before and after the super smush - it will also heavily reduce the size.

Enable NextGen Gallery integration:

NextGen doesn't save the images to the WP media library, so in order to Smush the images used within the NextGen Gallery plugin you will need to enable this integration :slight_smile:

Backup Original Images (Will nearly double the size of your Uploads Directory):

This will keep a backup of your original images before being smushed. So just in-case for some reason you want to keep the originals too then you can.

Hope this clears everything up! If you still have further questions just let me know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.