I just cant get Q&A to work. All I get is CSS junk

I just cant get Q&A to work. All I get is CSS junk on the site. When I add "add_theme_support( ‘qa_style’ );" to the functions php it downs the whole site.

Help please

• Alexander

Hi @Louise,

You shouldn't need to add that line just yet. We might be able to get this working without it. Can you please remove it to start?

Next, can you please go to Q&A Settings and click "estimate additional CSS rules" See if this makes a different.

Next, could you share a link to your site here? Then I could take a look and see if there's some CSS tweaks we need to make.

Best regards,

• Alexander

Hey @Louise,

I'm sorry about the delay here. I've taken a look at that page, but it's giving me a 404. Can you please try resetting your Permalinks? You can do this by going to "Settings -> Permalinks" and clicking "save" WordPress caches it's permalink rules for performance, and some events may cause them to become corrupt. This action will clear the cache and allow them to rebuild.

There isn't a shortcode for this, but you can modify the HTML and remove the sidebar by copying any of the files from Q&A's 'default-templates' folder into your theme folder. Then you can edit the copies and change what you need to in order to make it work better with your theme.

Often this is needed when a theme has different containing elements, or applies containers inside the middle templates instead of just header.php and footer.php

In your own copy of the template, you can remove the get_sidebar( 'question' ); line which will stop the empty sidebar from being added.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.