I just created Cross Domain Cookies for MultiSite and Marketpress

So I spent the last week getting Cross Domain Cookies working for WooCommerce and now for MarketPress. I was wrong about my initial thoughts that this would be needed to be performed via CORS or JSONP. I have it working on all major browsers: Safari, Chrome, IE.

If interested in having this built into Marketpress, please like this post and/or send some points. Lets see interest on getting this integrated into Marketpress (maybe I'm the only one that thinks its a pain in the ass to set up a SSL for each domain that wants to sell something via Stripe )

I have been told many times by some staff that this poses a security threat...but after much research....that's simply not true. Or if it is please advise me why!

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Ben,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

This is awesome news (if its done the right way). I am not sure how you did this so I can't say whether there are security threats or not but one thing I can say for sure is if you have done it in a right way then there should be no issue because lots of sites are already using this feature like Envato.

Infact we are using Single Sign On in Domain Mapping plugin as well.

So, if you share the method how you did this then we will be able to provide more details.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Ben
    • The Reaper

@Sajid

I'd be happy to share, but I do understandably want to be compensated for the large amound of time it too breaking down the issue and then solving the issue (safari, chrome and IE all have their own weird quirks!)

Please have somebody private message me regarding this, i think the work I did here is of great value to the community. In addition, I have also fixed the pro-sites stripe bug. I found 4 clear bugs in the code (THAT STILL EXIST IN YOUR VERSION). There there have been no updates to Pro Sites since my fix meaning the issue will still persist randomly (the bugs I found show why it appears random).

Both these issues shouldn't have required my time (as the code as advertised is supposed to have a guarantee that it works), I look forward to hearing from somebody soon as I wish to share these fixes.

Thanks!

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Ben,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I have escalated this ticket to my senior colleague @Tyler Postle. He will post a reply here or get back to you as soon as possible.

Take a very good care of your self and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• David Thibault
    • The Incredible Code Injector

ben, what happened with this? Any word on how you got this working? I'm experiencing issues getting domain mapping and marketpress working together and I'm assuming it's because of the cart cookies being set on the wrong domain (or not on both domains).

Best,
    Dave

• Ben
      • The Reaper

Too many other bugs with variations previously (but there is an update so maybe they are fixed?) and other various bugs that I didn't feel like it could meet the stability for my expectations. Timeline for addressing things after I'm reporting them just wasn't there so I moved to woocommerce and am not dealing with marketpress anymore. But yes its because cart cookies are not set on both domains, so u can employ iframe tricks to get this done if u are motivated. Just keep in mind IE, Safari, Chrome all handle these scenarios differently, best of luck!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.