I just downloaded the Affiliate plugin. Not sure if

Hello,

I just downloaded the Affiliate plugin. Not sure if I should have used Affiliates plugin instead.

We would like to be able to give specific people the ability to advertise our product from their website so that they can promote the product and get paid for doing so. I have a full license to WPMUDEV library and am not sure what to use.

Ultimately we think a banner or link would be displayed on the site of our partners where users could click on the image/link to be sent to our site. We do not want to advertise an affiliate program on our website. From what I understand a cookie is placed in the users browser that stays there for a determined number of days so that if they visit our site again the original site owner where the first click occurred is credited.

Payment: they would get paid through paypal, right?

Is there a full tutorial on how to use this plugin?

Michael Bissett

Hey @John, hope you're doing well this evening!

Is there a full tutorial on how to use this plugin?

We do have our usage guide available over on the product page, you can find it by clicking on the "Usage" tab here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-mu-affiliate/

We would like to be able to give specific people the ability to advertise our product from their website so that they can promote the product and get paid for doing so.

...We do not want to advertise an affiliate program on our website.

By default, any user is able to opt-in to your affiliate program via the WordPress Dashboard, but a possible workaround would be to use the User Role Editor plugin to create a custom user role for your users to use (you could just copy the existing Subscriber role), and then use Admin Menu Editor to restrict the "Affiliate Referrals" menu option to restrict that menu to only that user role.

How does that sound so far?

Ultimately we think a banner or link would be displayed on the site of our partners where users could click on the image/link to be sent to our site.

That'd be doable, your affiliates would just need to enter the URL for their sites in the "Your URL" field under the "Affiliate Advanced Settings" section inside:

Users -> Affiliate Referrals

That way, any references back to your site would be logged inside of Affiliates.

From what I understand a cookie is placed in the users browser that stays there for a determined number of days so that if they visit our site again the original site owner where the first click occurred is credited.

Payment: they would get paid through paypal, right?

That's correct, and yes.

Let me know if this helps please!

Kind Regards,
    Michael