I just had a developer migrate their work back to my site.

I just had a developer migrate their work back to my site. I had the WPMUDEV dashboard installed. In the plugins section it ays that it's installed, but it won't show up in my WP dashboard. I deleted and tried to reinstall. Here is the message I got.

Destination folder already exists. /home2/cpd62/public_html/orconcierge.org/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/
Installation failed
Could you help with this?
Thanks,
Christian

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey cpd62,

I hope you're well today and thanks for your question!

This is quite a common issue. The WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin by default can be used only by single user with super-admin privileges. If there's more super-users then the one that installed it will be the main one, thus others will not see it. I'm pretty sure this is what happened here.

To fix it, please add the following line to your wp-config.php file (somwhere before "/*** That's all, happy editing..."):

define('WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '1, 10');

The numbers equal users' IDs. If you wish to be the only one user with access to the plugin, use just your super-admin account user ID.

This should help but if it doesn't (because you've already tried to re-install plugin) then you'll need to access your site via FTP, go to the

/wp-content/plugins/ folder

and delete the

/wpmudev-updates/

folder and then install the plugin again. I hope though that the first solution should help :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.