I just installed Custom Sidebars Pro and they aren't showing up in my sidebar

I just installed Custom Sidebars Pro using an Ultimatum Child Theme and they don't appear to be showing up. Am I doing something wrong, or will they not work with the theme? TIA

• Tyler Postle

Hey there,

Hope you're dong well today :slight_smile:

Thanks for granting access. I logged in and saw that you have 2 theme sidebars; however, your category pages aren't even using the content in them. it doesn't look like your sidebars are registered anywhere, does content you place in sidebar 1 or sidebar 2 show up anywhere?

I've never used this theme before but it looks like you will have to place the sidebars into the templates: http://youtu.be/Ce724gkTIog

Once you have them registered them we can look into getting custom sidebars to work too - with really complex themes like these that are more of a theme builder - there can sometimes be conflicts with plugins since the theme might not use WP standards.

Look forward to hearing back on this!

All the best,

• [email protected]

OK, I’ll try to explain what’s I've done. Check this page...

That’s where I tried to use the first custom sidebar that I created, as you can see, nothing shows up.

It’s referenced here:

VCT/Templates/Layouts/About Layout/Edit

Then, look for Body-Ultimatum Sidebars. That’s where you will find sidebar1 referenced. This sidebar worked previously.

So, I then went to Themes/Widgets and created an About Sidebar I wanted to use and tried to tell it to replace sidebar1.

• Ash

Hello @[email protected]

I hope you are well today.

Currently, I can see sidebar in about page. So, is the issue resolved for you?

If not, would you please send me your login details and ftp details?

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash (this ensures that it will be assigned to me)
    1. Send all requested details
    2. Send a link of this thread so that I can track
    3. Send any other relevant link

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile: