I just installed the Fundraising plugin on my website and (also) having the issue with the progress

I just installed the Fundraising plugin on my website and (also) having the issue with the progress bar is not being shown up (like Gabrielle). Maybe as by Michele one of your team (Alexander Rohmann) could log into my site (www.innovahealth.eu) to look at this?

Futher: Attracted to "Kickstart Cash Flow With the New Fundraising Plugin For WordPress, Multisite and BuddyPress" by Sarah Gooding, I choose the Fundraising Plug-in to offer local start-ups in Dutch healthcare a platform to create their own funds to raise funds for their projects.

Besides the support with the progress bar is not being shown up, I would like to ask how you could help me 1). to activate and optimal integrate Fundraising with Multisite funtion so that users can create fundraising initiatives across your network and 2) help me to (new) install and optimal integrate BuddyPress with Fundraising.

I hope to hear from you soon,
Best regards,
Thomas

E: info@innovahealth.nl

• aristath

Hello there @Thomas and welcome to the WPMUDEV Community!

I just installed the Fundraising plugin on my website and (also) having the issue with the progress bar is not being shown up (like Gabrielle).

Ummm.... Who is Gabrielle? We have thousands of members, there's more that one Gabrielle! Do you have a link to her issue?

1). to activate and optimal integrate Fundraising with Multisite funtion so that users can create fundraising initiatives across your network

When network-enabled,the Fundraising plugin basically sets up an individual fundraising site for each site on your network, and there is no connection between them. So each member will have to set-up the fundraising plugin to fit their own needs on their site.

2) help me to (new) install and optimal integrate BuddyPress with Fundraising.

What kind of integration do you want?

Please advise,
    Ari

• Thomas

Here to links on Google by Gabrielle and Michèle having the same problem with showing up the fundraising process bar in there themes

Fundraising Progress Bar not showing - WPMU DEV
    premium.wpmudev.org › ... › Fundraising - Vertaal deze pagina
    6 sep. 2013 - 2 berichten - ?1 auteur
    I'm having an issue with the progress bar not being shown for a fundraiser ... 350 + Premium Plugins & Themes ... Not too sure what could be happening but if you go to the main fundraiser page it's not showing and neither if I ...

Why the progress bar doesn't show up? - WPMU DEV
    premium.wpmudev.org › ... › Fundraising - Vertaal deze pagina
    12 berichten - ?2 auteurs
    Hi, I installed the fundraising plugin but the progress bar doesn't show up and ... It works, but it's really not in the right place. that should always go before the ...

• aristath

@Thomas I'm sorry for the delay on this post, I just had a day off!

I'm afraid I'll have to take a closer look at your backend to figure out what is going on...
    Could you please send some user credentials so that I may take a look?
    - Send an email using our secure contact form on https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Select "I have a different question" from the dropdown
    - On the subject enter "Attn: aristath".
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue
    - Include a link to your website
    - Include your superadmin credentials (username + password)
    - Include your FTP user/pass so that I may check if there's something wrong with your theme.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Thomas

Because of the continuing problems with the instalation of the Fundraising plug-in, I sent you on your request the login-information of my website.
    Although the request for this is a delicate matter on itself, it is then downright weird after sending you the information to get no back response within 48 hours.
    Because it feels no longer good share your community to can trust on your support, I'll hope that after a week trying you can make the purchase and annual subscription fee for the Fundraising plug-in undone.
    Cheers, Thomas

• DavidM

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for the delay here, thanks for letting me work with you on this through email. Basically, your theme is totally non-standard. It uses shortcodes to display standard post content in these particular sections of the theme, so Fundraising's extra content doesn't get loaded.

To workaround that, I've just added Fundraising shortcodes instead, as follows:

[fundraiser_panel id="2458" show_title="Yes" show_content="Yes"]

[progress_bar id="2458" show_title="yes" show_totals="yes"]

[donate_button description="Please donate" donation_amount="2000" button_type="default" button_text="Donate" show_cc="yes" small_button="no" paypal_email="test@gmail.com"]

I've also set some basic styling(css) up in the Fundraising settings like so:

.wdf_progress_shortcode_title {
    padding-top: 20px;
    padding-bottom: 20px;
    font-size: 20px;
    }

form.wdf-minimal {
    padding-top: 20px;
    }

form.wdf-minimal label {
    font-size: 20px;
    }

form.wdf-minimal input {
    padding-top: 10px;
    padding-top: 10px;
    }

Could you let us know how that works for you?

@aristath, hope you don't mind my chiming in here. Just wanted to help out. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    David

• Thomas

Hoi David,
    Thankx for you help!! Now I can see that the plug-in is working. That gives Some hope that it should be working.

I can see that it's working with the old project I already made, but when I add a new project the process bar and the other status measures again don't show up.

Can you try on this again? Or should I do it manualy everytime I start a new project.

Futher beside the progress bar is it possible to show the other progress measures, like How many people donated, How many day to go to the end of the project etc.

Till Now Thank you for your geat support,

Geerts, Thomas

• DavidM

Hi Thomas,

I'll see what I can find about displaying other details. Meanwhile, could I ask you to try adding the following below your Fundraising content?

[fundraiser_panel show_title="Yes" show_content="Yes"]

[progress_bar show_title="yes" show_totals="yes"]

[donate_button description="Please donate" donation_amount="2000" button_type="default" button_text="Donate" show_cc="yes" small_button="no" paypal_email="test@gmail.com"]

Those are shortcodes to display the appropriate panel information.

See, the issue is that your theme actually uses shortcodes to display the Fundraising content. Something about that makes it so that the panel information doesn't show. It's basically entirely non-standard, at least with regard to content such as custom post types, which is what Fundraising uses.

To get around that, I've just used the shortcodes that Fundraising provides. It's a workaround. And it's potentially better than altering the theme code, since theme code alterations would get erased in the event of a theme update.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if anything is unclear though, I'll see how I can clarify then. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM

Hi there Thomas,

I should have realized earlier that you would need a custom button. Could you replace that button shortcode with this?

[donate_button description="Investeer hier" donation_amount="20" button_type="custom" style="" button_text="Investeer hier" show_cc="no" small_button="no" paypal_email=""]

Oh, you'll want to add your PayPal email address to the paypal_email="" there as well.

Could you let me know how that works for you?

Thanks,
    David

• Ivan

Hey Jenny,

Glad that thread helped you solve your problem

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it you have any questions it will be the best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

Posting on old threads can also lead to us missing your questions.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original thread starter

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for ya.

If the current thread is relevant then please feel free to link back to this in your new one.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Thanks,
    Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.