I just installed the Fundraising (with simple payments) plugin and whenever I try to place a payment

Here is the error code which does not let me complete the pledge:
There was a problem connecting with the paypal gateway. (CODE)560029 The required X-PAYPAL-APPLICATION-ID header is missing from the HTTP request!

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

The same kind of issue was answered here by Kimberly.

This means that you are using the PayPal Express Gatway with no Application ID.

I'm wondering if you have "Advanced Crowdfunding" Selected as an option in your settings?

If so this will activate another payment gateway that you need a special application ID for.

If you are taking simple donations then you only need to use the Simple Payments Gateway and can deselect the Advanced Crowdfunding Option.

I hope that helps.Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• compusol

1) I had the temp application ID. Still did not work. Switching back to simple is not possible. Had to create a brandnew (simple) Fundraiser and trash the original one.

2) Using the "Shortcodes" on another page, where would I find or set the corresponding "fundraiser_panel id"? Donors and Amounts should mirror the only fundraiser we have but they don't match. [fundraiser_panel id="1" style="Minimal" show_title="no" show_content="no"]

3) Also the Pledge Button Widget does not work. The "Show Accepted Credit Cards", "Allow extra note field" , "Use Small Button" checkmarks and the "Reference Label" don't stick once you save the Widget.

BTW Purchased Fundraiser in October and had no time to install until Friday. To receive support, I had to purchase the plugin twice. Shouldn't be like that! ;-(

• PC

Hello @compusol

Greetings and thanks for posting back. Sorry for not being able to be on top of it. I had to be away for my wedding preps. Its coming ahead :slight_smile:

Where are we on this issue currently ?

1) I had the temp application ID. Still did not work. Switching back to simple is not possible. Had to create a brandnew (simple) Fundraiser and trash the original one.

What is the current status on this one ?

2) Using the "Shortcodes" on another page, where would I find or set the corresponding "fundraiser_panel id"? Donors and Amounts should mirror the only fundraiser we have but they don't match. [fundraiser_panel id="1" style="Minimal" show_title="no" show_content="no"]

The fundraiser shortcodes should be entered using the fundraising round small icon which appears in your visual editor.

3) Also the Pledge Button Widget does not work. The "Show Accepted Credit Cards", "Allow extra note field" , "Use Small Button" checkmarks and the "Reference Label" don't stick once you save the Widget.

Can you please try this with the default theme and other plugins disabled, I doubt a plugin conflict. Please advise.

BTW Purchased Fundraiser in October and had no time to install until Friday. To receive support, I had to purchase the plugin twice. Shouldn't be like that! ;-(

Just look for a surprise on your registered email address regarding the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• compusol

To 1) Could not get an Application ID for the Fundraiser plugin. Paypal send me an email they would need more info: File a ticket with Merchant Technical Services at https://www.paypal.com/mts/. Since I am not the developer, I can't give them more info as there areas and form requests I can't fill in. We are using the simple version right now.

To 2) Solved. I had to create a new page other than a fundraiser page to use auto "Shortcode" creation clicking on the icon (not visible on other pages) to discover the "fundraiser_panel ID". You should post a hint for that on the settings page!

To 3) I can't test that right now. We are in the middle of a Fundraiser at "http://jointfunding.org". We disabled the Widget.

Recommendation: To further promote the Fundraiser It would be of great help to be able to display the Progress Bar on external websites or embedded in emails.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.