I just installed version 4.2.4 on a Godaddy account,

I just installed version 4.2.4 on a Godaddy account, and want to use multisite I checked the radial button during the install that installed multisite. The wp-config.php file has the multisite lines in it already.

My next step is --- The previous step enables the Network Setup item in your Tools menu. Use that menu item to go to the Create a Network of WordPress Sites screen.

There is no "Network" link under the Tools Menu... What now?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Donald,

I hope you're well today!

Are you referring to the domain that's registered with your WPMU DEV account that you've granted a support access? If so, it seems that's the fully enabled Multisite install already.

If it's another site, then please make sure that you've followed this guide step by step and didn't miss anything (it's easy to miss some simple steps, it happened to me too a few times):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/creating-a-network-to-enable-wordpress-multisite/

If this is not a case then please let me know!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Donald,

Thank you for your replay!

Yes usite.us is the domain and the links you sent me starts me back at step 1 installing wordpress.
    I have no plugins installed and there is no "Network" link under TOOLS.

This confirms that the site is in fact a Multisite install already. All the network-related settings can be found here:

"My Sites" (link in admin toolbar) -> "Network admin" -> "Dashboard" [and from here] -> "Settings" -> "Network Settings"

Please see the screenshot attached.

If my site is multisite already, which plugins do I install and in what order?

Basically, your site is nearly ready to go. I can see that you've already installed free basic plugins of ours that will let you offer "ready to go" sites that they can choose from and even charge them for site's setup/usage and for "premium" (and you will define which are premium and which are not) themes and plugins.

These tools are:

1. Pro Sites - which is a full-featured tool to manage users sites: charge for setup and plugins/themes usage

2. New Blog Templates - this is a tool that lets you create some "ready" sites that users will be able to choose from

3. Domain Mapping - that allows you sub-site owners to add their own domain to their sites.

Example do I install the "Multisite Plugin Manager" and is so which one? Both possible plugin options that I see was created 1 and 2 years ago.

Since you already have our Pro Sites installed, I think this wouldn't be necessary. I suppose it could even interfere.

That being said, I'll gladly assist you with setting this all up but it would be great if we could go through this "step by step". So far, you've got Multiste WP network with essential plugins up and running.

If you need any further assistance, please ask further questions and it would be highly appreciated if you would be so kind and ask them as specific as possible within separate new threads. This way it will be easier for me and my colleagues here to follow up and respond quickly and completely :slight_smile:

Thanks and have a nice day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.