I just installed WP Smush Pro and it crashed WordPress.

Hi,

I just installed WP Smush Pro and it crashed WordPress. I can no longer get in to the admin at all. I'm not sure if this is due to a plugin conflict or the fact that I installed on top of the WP Smush free version.

We've just taken over development of a pretty bloated and poorly coded site for a client of ours, with the goal of cleaning up the code and speeding up page loads.

The error is as follows:

Warning: require_once(/home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data02/78/2820578/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro//extras/free-dashboard/module.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data02/78/2820578/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smushit/wp-smush.php on line 861

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data02/78/2820578/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro//extras/free-dashboard/module.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/local/php5_4/lib/php') in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data02/78/2820578/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smushit/wp-smush.php on line 861

I'm noticing two slashes // before the word extras. Seems like a red flag, but what do I know? :slight_smile:

Can you help?

Thanks.

Eric

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Eric,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This is quite a rare condition and I think it's related specifically to your setup. However, hopefully it should be easily fixable. That being said, please follow the steps below:

1. access your WP install with FTP (login to server)
    2. go to /wp-content/plugins/ directory
    3. delete all folders containing "wp-smush" part in file name
    4. if it was WP Smush Pro causing the trouble, you should now be able to access your dashboard and you should see the message stating that "some plugins has been disabled"
    5. make sure you have our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed
    6. if you're using any caching plugins (e.g. W3 Total Cache or similar) - empty all caches and disable it
    7. go to "WPMU DEV" -> "Plugins" page, type "WP Smush Pro" into the search bar and install the plugin.

This should clean up current WP Smush Pro instances and perform fresh install, hopefully without any further errors.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.