I just joined, how do i go about getting actual support?

Hi,

I need to get your membership plugin working on my site today. Is there anyone who can do this for me for a fee - or is it a simple thing someone can take the time to help me with? I've spent a lot of hours on this and have had limited success.

Thanks.

Ed

• Ed

Thanks Alexander,

The problem I have is that I'm trying to set up the website with one level of security so that I can share important information with my citizens and not the general public.

I am the Chief of a First Nation in the Yukon (Canada) and have an assembly meeting this coming Saturday. My intention was to get sensitive info out to be reviewed by the citizens on the website before the meeting. My staff already sent a letter to 600 citizens on friday saying the password was nnd7.

So i'm under some pressure here to get the security level working and the material uploaded. If you can guide me, I would greatly appreciate that. :slight_smile:

The website is nndblands.com with the user being [credentials removed]

By the way, I'm new to wordpress.

Ed

• Alexander

Hi @ed,

Membership would require each user to create their own account to access the site. Here's the basic setup I'd recommend for you.

1. Create an access level called "Guests" and set positive rules to just your home page and perhaps a few info pages.
    2. From "Membership -> Options -> General Tab" choose that access level for "stranger settings" This will determine what logged out users see.
    3. Create another access level for your members. Use positive rules to add your "premium" content.
    4. Create a "Members" subscription level, and add your members access level. Give it a price of 0 as well.
    5. Make this subscription active and public.
    6. From "payment gateways" enable the free gateway.
    7. From "Membership -> Options -> General tab" choose your "Members" subscription level for the "Use subscription" option. This will automatically add your users to that subscription when they create an account.

To make this only available to your users, you can setup an invite code on the extras tab. Perhaps use the code you emailed out.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions here!

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.