I just purchased a plan and playing around. Tried

Hello,

I just purchased a plan and playing around. Tried to install the hummingbird plugin in my wp site and i got the following error: " Installation of Hummingbird failed. Most likely reason for this are wrong folder permissions of your wp-contents folder. "

Tried to change the "wp-content" folder from 755 to 775 even to 777 but no changes. The error is still the same. The weird thing is that some other 3rd party's plugins are installed without problems and the wp smush pro also installed without problem.

What i have to do?

Best Regards,
Kyriakos

• Sajid

Hi @info4796,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

To make sure its not an issue with WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin or WP Hummingbird plugin. I tried to install the plugin using dashboard plugin on my own website and it worked just fine for me.

Make sure there are no folder/directory exists with same name. You can check via FileManger of cPanel or using FTP program like FileZilla. There should be any folders with name wp-hummingbird.

Also, try delete the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin completely, install and login with wpmudev login credentials and then check again.

If its still does not work then please try to install the plugin manually by downloading from this URL meanwhile we figure out why its not being installed by dashboard plugin.

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• comms2

For others that may encounter a similar problem, I found it was due to failed update of the plugin. I identified the folder of the failed WPMUDEV plugin (in my case Defender) and deleted the folder - I didn't need to use FTP, I used File Manager through CPanel, but either of those two methods would work. I deleted the folder and contents and just reinstalled through WPMUDEV.

You may also have delete the .maitenance file in the main directory if a plugin update failed.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.