I just set up a subdomain how to I transfer my coursepress courses?

I just set up a subdomain how to I transfer my coursepress courses and set up a coursepress theme so that I can have everthing look great?

• Nastia

Hello Miranda

I hope you re doing well today!

So you just installed CoursePress Pro! First of all, you will be able to find the CoursePress Pro theme at the following path:
    wp-content/plugins/coursepress/themes
    Move the CoursePress theme folder to
    /wp-content/themes
    After this navigate to Appearance > Themes and activate it.

how to I transfer my coursepress courses

You can migrate CoursePress with the WordPress importer/export. Navigate to Tools > Export.

Export all the different CoursePress custom post types, as it has several, but once you import those into the new site they should all line up as expected.

Let me know if you require ny further assistance!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hi Miranda,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Hello, I figured out how to simply have my main domain point to the courses page, but how do I customize the look of the CoursePress theme?

I am glad to know you have figure this out. To make it look like the courses you have to add a little bit of CSS. You can copy the CSS from CoursePress plugin and add it in your own theme. Make sure you replace the CSS classes accordingly to take effect.

For import/export, you have to import all content including post, pages, courses and units. Once you have every thing included then it should come up every thing in your courses dashboard.

If you are getting issue while exporting then please enable support staff access for the site you are trying to export and the site you are trying import on. I will take a look and try to export/import the courses, units.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Miranda

Hi Sajid,

I am not familiar with CSS, or at least not enough to perform what you have mentioned. What I have done is simply created a tab on my website that points to the page which has the courses listed.
    In terms of the import/export, the units did not import and I have had to copy and paste them. This will work for now, but hopefully in the future if I need to import a course, I can figure out how to have the entire thing come over.
    Please let me know if you find anything at your end.
    Thank you for your assistance.
    Miranda

• Sajid

Hi Miranda,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Your website looks really good to me but only thing that seems to be missing is actual link to the course detail itself. From where your student can enroll and continue to learning (I am assuming the our services are actually courses).

Or you have not done with your website yet ? Or these are not courses at all ?

I am sorry but I am lost at what you are trying to do right now.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid