I just signed up for the free trial and the first thing

I just signed up for the free trial and the first thing I attempted to do was install Smush Pro. As soon as I did my site crashed (see attached). I contacted my host who determined that Smush (regular, not pro) was causing a fatal error. I didn't deactivate Smush prior to activating Smush Pro, but I think it caused a conflict, which caused the site to crash. I just wanted to let you guys know there may be an issue with this. Thanks.

• Patt Leger

Hello rdreissig,

Just chiming in here. If your site is still down, you can FTP into your wp-content/plugins folder and delete the smush plugin folder (don't worry - your actual options are stored in the database).

You "should" be able to login again and install the Pro version of the plugin.

This is what I would do first if I had the same issue as you.

~

Another quick tip... you didn't say what your crash looked like. IF you got a blank white screen (otherwise knows as a WSOD or WhiteScreenOfDeath), then it could be your website is running out of memory.

You can try to increase the memory limit in your wp-config file (what I do personally as well). A google search should get you the info you need to accomplish this.

Hope one of those two solutions work for you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.