I just subscribed yesterday and was testing a plugin. It

Hi,

WPMU DEV Dashboard in relation to cancelled subscription. I just subscribed yesterday and was testing a plugin. It said it's not ready unless I install the "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin. Which I did. I have 2 questions on this.

1)
For example say in 6 months, or 1 year, or 2 years time... I cancel my subscription; does that mean on another of my website's I can't install "CustomPress" or "Membership" or any other plugin from wpmudev that I downloaded?
Basically, will the plugins still install on a new website after I cancel my subscription?

2)
Must I install WPMU DEV Dashboard for the wpmudev plugins to work?

• Michelle Shull

Hello, anthony! Happy Friday, and welcome to WPMU Dev!

1. You can keep using all the plugins you downloaded during your active subscription forever, and use them on all your sites and your clients' sites. After your subscription expires, you'll no longer receive updates or support, but the plugins are yours to do with what you want.

2. While the WPMU Dev Dashboard is handy for installing plugins and enabling support access, it's not required to run any of our plugins. Can you point me to the plugin that's giving you this message?

Thanks so much!

• anthony.g.fitzsimons

Thanks so much for the fast reply.

I was trying out "custompress" and "membership". After I installed them and click on the menu page for them they both said "CustomPress is almost ready - install the free WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin....." except Membership said Membership Pro is almost ready. Since these are the first two I tested I assume it's like this for all the plugins.

Anyway, that phrase "is almost ready" give the impression that it's not ready without the dashboard plugin and there could be something missing or it can't be used properly as it's not yet ready. But you cleared up that it doesn't mean those worrying things that it implies. Thanks again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.