I just updated the Membership plugin this morning (Auto

Hi,

I just updated the Membership plugin this morning (Auto update) and now I can't update either my footer or main menu. I'm using Wordpress 3.9, Membership Plugin v 3.5.1.2 and the Directory theme by AIT Themes.

When I go to appearance/menus and then add a menu item (a page) as normal and click save, nothing appears on my menu on the front end. If I go into Access Levels in the plugin for the menu where you can select the menu items, the menu item I added and saved doesn't appear. Prior to upgrading, this all worked perfectly.

Here's what I've tried:

Changing themes
deactivating every plugin

The only way I can get my normal wordpress menu functionality back is to disable Membership plugin. When I do disable the Membership plugin and I go to Appearance Menu, I'll see all of my menu items there plus about 5 copies of the page I was trying to add. It seems to be saving, but Membership won't let me see it - can't see it on front end, back end, or within access levels/menu function when the plugin is activated.

Any ideas? Thanks!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hey there @Erika

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

Hmm, I cannot recreate that behavior on my test site. Could you check your error logs to see if there any relevant errors there please?

In the meantime, I'll see if any other support staff members can reproduce this.

• Erika
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Patrick!

No errors! I suppose I could go back and install the older version but I'd rather have the updated version of course.

Could it be some sort of caching error? The menu does save, it just doesn't let me see the new page I add. Until I deactivate the plugin - then I see it.

Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

It could be cache, but in the admin it shouldn't be an issue...

You mentioned you're using the Directory theme by AIT Themes. Does it work that disabled and using a default WordPress theme?

If it does then it would seem the conflict is there and we might need to get a copy off you so that we can test.

Could you please let me know.

I know you said you checked your error logs, was this in cPanel or WP_DEBUG. I've sometimes seen the cPanel log (the interface) not report some issues.

Just in case, to output the WordPress debugging information you can open your wp-config.php file and change:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

You can also have these errors output to a debug.log file located in your /wp-content/ folder, to do this add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

Using WP_DEBUG would put the errors on the site, you can hide those and just have them out put the WP_DEBUG_LOG (if set to true) by using this as well:

define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Let me what you find if anything comes up.

Take care.

• Erika
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

The error occurs regardless of theme. I used the basic wordpress theme and a few others and same problem.

I checked for errors on the cpanel. I'll alter the config.php file and let you know if anything shows up there.

Thanks...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.