I keep getting

I keep getting "Other Kind of Backup Error" in my managed backups in the Snapshot plugin when I try to create a backup

• Kris Tomczyk

Hi Ava,

Hope you are doing good today.

There are many cases that this error is appear.

1. Limited space quota provided by hosting. Managed Backups store this backup on WPMU DEV cloud, but before it will be send to cloud the ZIP file need to be create on your host disk. So, please check that you have enough space on your disk to store the backup archive.

2. There is not enough memory_limit or max_execution_time is very low.
    Please add this define to you wp-config.php file
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M'); The line should be placed above the "/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */"

Also create a php.ini file in your /wp-admin/ folder and place that code inside:
    max_execution_time = 300 If you feel uncomfortable with that please contact with host to increase those values.

If issue will still exist and managed backup will fail again, please add those defines to you wp-config.php file:

/* Snapshot Settings */
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 10);
    define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 100);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_LARGE_FILE_SIZE', 104857600);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_USE_PRECACHE', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FORCE_ZIP_LIBRARY', 'pclzip');
    define('SNAPSHOT_ATTEMPT_SYSTEM_BACKUP', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_IGNORE_SYMLINKS',true);
    /* End of Snapshot Settings */

This will make the Snapshot a little bit slower, because it will proceed only 10 files at the time.
    Those lines should be placed above the "/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */"

Kind Regards,
    Kris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.