I keep getting notifications that website is going offline

Hi, It said to contact your premium support as website keep going offline. The WordPress install has been fully optimised and we get great scores on all the optimisation tests. It may be the servers. Sometimes it's really fast, then suddenly won't load and you send email saying it's down? Can you please advise?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Ben,

Hope you’re doing well.

When Uptime checks your site it will send a ping and if there’s no response for 30 seconds it will report your site as down.

So if your server is having some issues from time to time, which cause your site to load slower then Uptime will show your site as down.

I’ve checked your site with geopeeker and uptrends, and uptrends results are good but on geopeeker two locations were unable to render your site, so it does seem that your site does have issues at certain times.

I would suggest getting in touch with your hosting provider and ask them to check the server logs at the times reported with Uptime, they should be able to see if there was some longer load times at those times and what has caused them.

Let us know how it goes and if we can assist you further.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Ben

I just run a “tracert” command on your site and from my current location there’s been in total 18 nodes “on the way” out of which only first 6 until Frankfurt were reasonably fast while all the following ones (through Marseille servers, Mumbai and Singapore until the end note that seems to belong to GoDaddy) the were all very long, over 300ms each. So, when you sum it up, the travel isn’t “blazing fast” and that might be different depending on end-user (or, in this case, check end point) location.

It might also be related to the connections speed and bandwidth available to the particular server node that GoDaddy uses to host your site.

If the site is well optimized, there’s not much that could be done but it might help quite a lot to implement a regular CDN in front of the site – even a free tier of popular CloudFlare might help so I’d recommend giving it a try :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.