I know I can use the Mailchimp add-on to integrate with

Hi...

I know I can use the Mailchimp add-on to integrate with that but is there a way to use Active Campaign instead - I already use them ...

Many thanks

Steve Nelson

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Steve,

At this moment Membership 2 Pro doesn't have integration with Active Campaign or any other mail services except MailChimp.

It would require to implement separate addon for this service. But this is beyond the support scope https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/support-vs-custom-development/

If you are not comfortable with writing this kind of integration yourself - I can suggest looking for developer on Jobs&Pros board https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kasia,

Thanks for the very fast response... I guess I knew what was coming but I had to ask :slight_smile:

I'm not so attached to AC and have used MC in the past - Now is as good a time to give them another go...

Thanks again for your help.

Fantastic plugin by the way :slight_smile:

Just a quickie, is it possible to restyle the standard messages the plugin creates on the thank you page etc...

I'm not keen on the green bar and green background - All I want to do is change the colour...

Thanks

Steve

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Steve

I hope you are doing good.

M2 is a very advanced plugin and almost everything is editable, either using custom code or backend interface. But unfortunately, I am not quite clear which thank you page you talking about. Is it just after the registration?

I'm not keen on the green bar and green background - All I want to do is change the colour...

I think you mean the successful message with green border and light green background? A screenshot would help :slight_smile:

Also mention which color you want to have there.

Have an awesome day!

Cheers
    Ash

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ash,

Thanks for the reply.

It's okay I have found I can use a shortcode instead of the whole page which included the coloured bar.

One thing though, you say everything is editable, where can you do that, all the pages that are created use shortcodes and they pull in text as well as fields.

Where can you edit what the shortcode pulls in?

For example:
    [ms-note type="info"]Your request to join the Bite Size Club was successfully received![/ms-note]
    [ms-membership-account-link]

The [ms-note type="info"][/ms-note]

Is the green bar - Is it possible to edit that at all…

[ms-membership-account-link]

is: "Visit your account page for more information."

Can this text be altered in size, font etc, to make it more like the rest of my site.

In fact Ash is there a list of shortcodes that can be edited or at least used as is to build up a page...

Many thanks.

Steve

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Steve,

I think Ash meant that design can be customized with Custom CSS styles. As for the shortcodes you can find how to customize messages when you expand shortcode in the Help section of the plugin.

As for the green box - those are styles that make it green:

.ms-alert-box.ms-alert-success {
        border-top-color: #484;
        color: #686;
        background-color: #f4fff4;
    }

so you can change it to the

.ms-alert-box.ms-alert-success {
        border-top-color: navy;
        color: white;
        background-color: blue;
    }

of course use colors that you like. This code you can
    a) add it to the child theme style.css file
    b) use this small plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Please note that it will change all green alert boxes - not only one on the thank you page.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi again Kasia,

I have integrated M2 Pro with mailchimp, but am still getting the wordpress' generated emails sent out in addition to my mailchimp ones.

How can I stop them as they are very confusing and unnecessary?

Many thanks.

Steve

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Steve

I hope you are doing good.

I prefer to keep registration email, as mailchimp email is subscription confirmation not mentioning about the registration.

But if you still want to disable registration email, please try the following code:'

if ( !function_exists('wp_new_user_notification') ) :
    function wp_new_user_notification( $user_id, $notify = '' ) { }
    endif;

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ash,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately after doing as you suggested - creating the mu-plugins folder and putting a file with the code in it I got the message when I tried to sign up on my site:

Sorry, your signup request has failed. Try again.

I did - same response

I the deleted the folder on the server - Tried again - same response.

I cleared the cache each time but still the same message, now I can’t create any accounts...

I think I’m going to have a long think about if this is working for me…

Cheers…

Steve

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Steve,

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I've tested Ash code and it didn't return same result as you have - but this is strange that even when you removed it - it still causes this issue. Could you check if you didn't also tested this in functions.php of your theme?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kasia,

Here is the strange thing...

I still get the message when I try to create an account but although no new member is added to my M2 pro backend, the WP emails is still sent out and when I go into the account page on the site I get a Status - Pending for the account...

I would love to give you access but my security plugin has locked me out - I can't get back in until 8 am my time tomorrow.

I will unlock it for all day then and grant you access.

Thanks again…

Steve

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kasia,

I have granted you guys access to the site.

I have also turned off the 'away mode' on the security plugin so you can get in at any time.

The site I am building the membership on is bitesize.nichemavericks.com

Although as it's a multisite install the file was added and removed from the main install on nichemavericks.com

I have also removed the under construction page from bitesize so you can view that without loging in.

Thanks again.

Steve

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Steve,

I can confirm that this is happening on your site - however I don't think this is issue with code from Ash. I found that this is happening most of the times when admins are trying to register member to default membership.
    But this is not the issue in your case because you have only dripped membership. I tried to replicate issue on my site (with different combinations) but I can't.

Do you recall any other changes except enabling mailchimp integration and add custom code? Or updating something on your site?

Could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart). Let me know how it goes.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Also - could you enable debug mode in WordPress? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file - so please paste it to the text file and attach to post.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kasia,

I have taken off a couple of plugins that were not activated and that did not help.

But I deactivated Mailchimp and everything worked. - no silly messages.

It's gone 9 pm my time and i have driven 200 miles today so i have had enough of this tonight.

I will give the whole thing another look tomorrow.

All I can say is that this is not working as I had hoped...

All my best.

Steve

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Kasia,

You won't get an error now as I have removed mailchimp.
    Everything works without it installed.

But frankly this is no good to me as it is.

Even with Mailchimp working I still don't want the WP emails going out as well as the mailchimp ones.
    I feel I will have to look for another Membership solution that will give me what I want.

Thanks for all your attempts, but sometimes things can't be fixed...

All my best.

Steve

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.