I know this is probably a noob question, and I have edited

I know this is probably a noob question, and I have edited my thumbnails before. For some reason I am a little slow today and can't remember how to find it. Maybe it is a little more difficult then usual in this theme.
So here it is.... Can someone point me in the best direction to resize my thumbnail images? I would prefer them to be landscape instead of portrait. I want to use the images to post business cards.
The images are in a couple different places.
http://www.gives2.com/blog/item/hayes-auto-sales/

http://www.gives2.com/blog/cat/car-dealers/

I know it is not a wpmudev theme, but hoping I can get a clue from someone.

Thanks for all the help
Richard

• Richard
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I did. The sizes don't correspond whit the images in the theme.
    I can try a brand new post and a new upload.
    It did change in the back end, but not the list or the post.
    The category list view and single post.
    Not sure where to find the settings,
    and I usually wait till I'm so tired to ask.

Thanks for the help.

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

@Richard
    Wordpress generates thumbnails taking into account the settings you provide during image upload.
    Even when you try out themes having restrictions that fiddle with thumbnails, their size may be different than the ones on your media screen settings. Conclusion. If you had -during upload- your settings or a theme with settings at 150x150, that is what your thumbnails will be.
    This is when the Regenerate Thumbnails comes to rescue. A very "smart" plugin that re-generates your thumbnails to your current settings. Please do give it a try. :slight_smile:

In addition to this, after having a look at your style.css, I see you should be able to have business cards presented since the settings read ".entry-thumbnail img{max-width:413px;width:100%;}", unless there is a conflict with something else.
    If all above proves useless :slight_frown:,
    I would also post for help at the theme's support forum.

Hope that helps,
    marikamitsos

PS: Please feel free (if all goes well) to mark the topic as resolved

• Richard

Thanks for your reply.
    I did check these settings and uploaded yet another image and re posted a new item.
    The new thumbnail is 360x200 well within the range you mention.
    The output in the list is always and still 140x200.
    I did download the plugin you suggested, but I am now under the impression that it is not necessarily the image thumbnail size as much as it is a setting for the list output.

I did go to the theme forum. So much there that I wish I had read it before purchasing the theme. I decided to ask here before joining yet another form. Also, I really did expect this to be a simple question for all the talent running around WPMUDEV.

Thanks for all you help.. If I don't get a response by tonight, I wll join their form and post.

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

@Richard

I did download the plugin you suggested

I take it you also mean: I activated, ran the plugin, regenerated the thumbnails successfully but, no luck. Still the same problem.

If -as you say- the thumbnail size (be careful, not the image but the thumbnail size) is indeed 360x220 and you still get the same results, then most likely is an issue with the theme. Bear in mind that it uses blocks to display images. There may lay your problem.

PS: There is no easy way to check the thumbnail size of your images (unless you have access by ftp). Still. You could Install and activate a different regeneration plugin (AJAX Thumbnail Rebuild) and find out.

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

@Richard

I did go to the theme forum. So much there that I wish I had read it before purchasing the theme. I decided to ask here before joining yet another form. Also, I really did expect this to be a simple question for all the talent running around WPMUDEV.

We do take it as a challenge to make you happy... :slight_smile:
    So I went to their forums myself and sorted out these links for you.
    Link01
    Link02
    Link03
    Link04

I believe you have your answers there. It just needs some work and access to the original theme files.

• Richard

@marikamitsos
    My first paragraph suggests it is theme related, but it is not a wpmu dev theme so I did not want to bother a theme developers with such a simple question.

I know this is probably a noob question, and I have edited my thumbnails before. For some reason I am a little slow today and can't remember how to find it. Maybe it is a little more difficult then usual in this theme.

I have contacted AitThems and am waiting for a response.
    But if anyone knows how to adjust the image in a theme, please suggest.

When this issue is resolved I will gladly mark it as resolved.

• Richard

@marikamitsos
    Thank you. I do see you went to the extreme to help. I do appreciate that very much.

I am low vision and digging through information as you did is very difficult and time consuming for me. Also, in the past I have found this to be a simple task and did not expect it to be a big deal.

I apologize for my reaction. to your comments. I may have taken some offense to the way it was phrased. I do see you went above and beyond the call of duty.
    Thank you. It is appreciated.

This afternoon I will work through this issue and update you on my progress.
    Thanks again.

Richard

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

@Richard

I apologize for my reaction. to your comments. I may have taken some offense to the way it was phrased.

Oh please. No need to apologize. :slight_smile:
    After all, most likely it's the way I sometimes express myself. Since I do not consider myself a fast typist I often end up using the laconic "Me Tarzan, You Jane" approach, that can be easily misunderstood.

Please let us know when/how you got it fixed. I am so very curious.

I just hope the links helped you out a bit,
    marikamitsos

• Richard

@Patrick Cohen
    Absolutely, I will be editing today and will post the results.
    I am so grateful @marikamitsos went the extra mile.
    With my visual challenges it takes me hours to find this type of info.

I read read through the info and it looks like it is exactly whaht I need.
    I will post the results soon.

Thanks for all

• Richard

I want to say thanks for all the help.
    I decided not to use the theme and go with one I am more familiar with.
    That theme had it's own framework in it that made it difficult to customize.
    even the instruction you linked me to referenced files that did not exist.
    I spoke with a support person there and the were not very friendly.
    I don't have time for that, And this is a long term project that requires dependability.

The only thing I may miss in that theme was the geo location functionality and the street view maps.
    I would really like for my users to e able to pull up posts according to their Cell GPS location. Maybe there is a plug in for that?

Thanks again for all the help. I'm sure I will be back shortly.
    I am looking at using the directory plugin next.

All the best
    Richard

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

@Richard

The only thing I may miss in that theme was the geo location functionality and the street view maps.
    I would really like for my users to e able to pull up posts according to their Cell GPS location. Maybe there is a plug in for that?

I think you could give a try to our very own Google Maps plugin. Some geo functionality is already built into it.

Also. Some further reading can be done on this, this and this post.

Cheers,
    marikamitsos

• Richard

Thanks, I am working with the WPMU Dev Google maps now.
    I don't see the street view setting yet.
    I see the other maps, but not street view.
    Is there an add on that I need.
    I very well could have missed a setting, but do not see it yet.

Let me know please.
    Thanks again for all your help.
    Richard

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@Richard

Street view cannot be selected as a default view in the Google Maps plugin.

But it can be triggered, just as with any Google map, by simply dragging the "little man" icon from the top-left corner to any spot on the map.

To go back to your selected default view, close the location box that appears in the top-right corner when in street view.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.