I like the advertising screen shot, but I can't get it to look that way on my site

I love this project. It's VERY important to me that it works right and looks sharp.

I run http://NationalServiceCharity.org and I run fundraisers for LOTS of groups. I use http://fundrazr.com/home for most of my projects. They charge 5% and donors have to look at their ads. Bummer. When I use PayPal directly, they charge me 2% since I am a 501 C3 non-profit.

I want a plugin like FUNDRAISING by WPMU to allow me to enter target goals, implement a progress bar, and have donations automatically populate into the progress bar. I want control over the CSS without knowing html. I can't open and edit style sheets. I try and mess it up every time.

I took a post I already was using and reworked it with this new plugin.
Older Post: http://nationalservicecharity.org/volunteer-accounts/daniel-helms/
New Fundraiser Post: http://nationalservicecharity.org/donations/daniel-helms/

Do you see my problem? One pages looks great, while the other looks terrible. Sure, I could delete or re-size the Fundraising page content, but the solution I WANT is one column.

Also, maybe the best solution is to take this plugin one step further. Maybe if you made the display aspects of the plugin all short codes, then we could insert what we need on pages and posts we already have built.

For instance, I could use the earlier post I created by just inserting via shortcode the progress bar, donate levels and goals. I know I loose the great e-mail response work you did and other options, but dang, the thing still isn't usable in it's current form.

If I could get the pages to look like your ad for the plugin I would be ecstatic. Alas, this plugin creates visual expectations that are unattainable for the average user.

The PayPal IPN is working for me. Donations are immediately added to the total. Surprising though, when I entered manual donations on the back end they did not appear in the progress bar. Actually, I can't get the progress bar to appear at all. I am talking about the total.

One last thing, I don't want the word "pledge" but "donate"

• aecnu

Greetings tonylocke,

I want a plugin like FUNDRAISING by WPMU to allow me to enter target goals, implement a progress bar, and have donations automatically populate into the progress bar.

I shall put this in as a feature request, it appears that it was removed with the latest release though I know it caused problems when a user did not return from PayPal due to either not clicking the buried link on PayPal's end or not having auto return set on PayPals end.

I want control over the CSS without knowing html. I can't open and edit style sheets. I try and mess it up every time.

With this in mind then one must use the included css option i.e. Choose a display style within the control panel.

Do you see my problem? One pages looks great, while the other looks terrible. Sure, I could delete or re-size the Fundraising page content, but the solution I WANT is one column.

Does your theme provide for one column posts?

As shown in my test site: http://aecnuwpmu.us/fundraisers/joes-fundraiser/

Also, maybe the best solution is to take this plugin one step further. Maybe if you made the display aspects of the plugin all short codes, then we could insert what we need on pages and posts we already have built.

Totally agree +100

For instance, I could use the earlier post I created by just inserting via shortcode the progress bar, donate levels and goals. I know I loose the great e-mail response work you did and other options, but dang, the thing still isn't usable in it's current form.

What is not usable about my test site? Absolutely it works though it may not be the layout you prefer but it is certainly usable and is using a stock layout without and modification of the plugin whatsoever.

After re-reading this I think you were referring to your site and its current form - my mistake.

If I could get the pages to look like your ad for the plugin I would be ecstatic. Alas, this plugin creates visual expectations that are unattainable for the average user.

It took me five minutes to make my test fundraiser without touching the code using the options within and normal expected skills as inserting an image and linking the image. Typing the content, paying attention to reaction of option changes.

I have included a screen shot below of the settings in the plugin to make it look like my test page and if I took a little time using the short codes and had the graphic, I could easily mimic the provided advertisement graphic. This obviously is showing some elements of the crowd sourcing option though my test site is using the simple option.

The PayPal IPN is working for me. Donations are immediately added to the total. Surprising though, when I entered manual donations on the back end they did not appear in the progress bar. Actually, I can't get the progress bar to appear at all. I am talking about the total.

As mentioned earlier it appears that this bar was removed for unknown reasons and what I am making a feature request for, to possibly be added back in.

One last thing, I don't want the word "pledge" but "donate"

This would be another great feature request, the choice between donate and pledge button.

I will bring this to the attention of the lead developer, of course all your concerns and requests.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Cole

Hey tonylocke and Joe. I have a couple responses to a few of the items brought up here.

Great point about the pledge and donation terminology. I like the idea of a labels setting page that lets you choose the terminology you want in all areas of the site.

I have been building out additional shortcodes. I will be including a progress bar that can be associated with a fundraiser. I think I will even let you create a custom progress bar that doesn't even have to be connected to a fundraiser.

Better styles are in the works as we speak.

Thanks for the great input.

• Anthony R. Locke

The Plugin is listed as "Create a donation page for any purpose." That is false. This plugin should be advertised as "Create a donation POST for any purpose."

The difference isn't minimal.

All the examples show a "One Column" use of the plugin. Problem? Most Themes only offer the "One Column" option for pages, not posts.

The difference between PAGES & POSTS is messing with lots of people trying to use the plugin.

I tried making my theme offer custom POST layouts, but with no success so far.

I tried

http://wordpress.org/tags/custom-post-template?forum_id=10
    AND
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/custom-post-template/

but I still can't get this plugin to look as sharp as it is advertised.

I also tried Templateer. No success.

Maybe that would be a good plugin for WPMU to offer! A simple drop down menu for POST layouts.

• Cole

I hear you on the difference between post and pages. We can look into make sure that is clear in the documentation for the plugin.

Did you see my post in the other thread?

It's possible for you to copy the page layout you want from your theme and rename it to wdf_funder.php & wdf_checkout.php. Fundraising would then use that file instead of the post template it is defaulting to.

Let me know if you have any trouble trying this out.

• aecnu

Greetings tonylocke,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.