I lost an entire multisite site overnight? How to I set it back up?

I went to log into my site this morning that I've been working on for a week and its gone - I just get a 404 page from Hostgator. Its gone & I have no idea how to reset it. I use updraft backup so I have a cloud backup but without access to the site dashboard (its a multi site setup) I can't do much. I need help please?

• Milan

Hi @Dave,

I hope you are having a good day.

I am sorry that you are going though this. But have you asked you host provider for backup ? Mostly they will restore all the files if you ask them to backup your site ? I suggest you do inform theme about this.

Is this happened just after you used updraft ?

Let me know more sir about your actions that you've taken till now to solve this. So I know from where to start.

I am happy to help you.

Best Regards,
    Milan.

• Dave

Hi Milan,
    maybe it did happen after updraft did an automatic backup, I don't know.
    Good question though!! I'll check into that.
    Re the back from hostgator - they haven' got one (I've already asked).
    I've downloaded all the backed up files from updraft but now I just want to make sure I can ftp them into the files the same way I would if it was a normal wordpress website but because its a MU I am double checking before I do something wrong.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    cheers
    Dave

• Milan

Hi @Dave,

I hope you are having a good day.

I am happy that you got your files back. :slight_smile:

So if you are thinking about restoring multi-site via ftp. Please ensure that your multi-site db is also restored to its normal state. Otherwise files will be restored perfectly but if your database won't be restored then you won't get changes or site creation you did with multi-site.

Let me know if you have any further inquiry. I'll try my best to give you proper answer. :slight_smile:

Enjoy Wpmu-dev.

Kind Regards,
    Milan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.