I made a change

I made a change on my Revolution slider after it stopped working sometime last week. I placed the slider code in a page, but not through Upfront. The slider is not operating. It had operated for the last year with the page placement.
After a review of the Revoluion and Upfront tutorials I tried the following -
On the page in Upfront where I want the slider, I selected </> moved it to the page and embedded the code. The code was also added on the page, the bottom panel, and saved. The slider will not activate. All i see is the code [rev_slider alias="Slider 1"] witout the brackets. I can't figure out what I missed.
MarketingDoc.