I manually installed the cloner plugin

I manually installed the cloner plugin (189235_cloner-1.1.zip) and tried to copy one of my sites which has 45 pages between 3 different languages translated with WPML.
1. When I clicked clone site, it took me back to my dashboard. And when I tried to access the new URL it started the cloning process.
2. Once everything was completed I get only 20 pages between 3 languages and some of the pages seem to have changed languages.

I tried performing the same copy again, and received the same result.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @krasilshchikov,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear of the issues your having here. I've just done some testing and out of my clones that I tested on multiple sites I couldn't replicate this.

Can you test with WPML disabled if that is at all possible? How many plugins do you have activated on the site you are trying to clone?

We're here to help. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• krasilshchikov
    • New Recruit

I cant disable WPML, but here are additional tests I did:
    1. Created a new site "1001", without WPML configured.
    2. Cloned "1001" to site "1002" and the sample page and settings were copied correctly.
    3. Configured WPML on "1001" to have 2 languages (EN and RU) and added a translation to the Sample Page
    4. Cloned "1001" to site "1003" and the settings copied over correctly, however there are no pages for EN and the old EN page is listed under RU. The RU translation is not visible at all.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @krasilshchikov,

Hope you're well today and thanks for the additional information and testing! :slight_smile:

I've also done some testing with WPML and can confirm that this isn't correctly copying over translated pages/content, as there's no direct integration with WPML.

I've flagged the lead developer of Cloner for his valuable input here.

Appreciate your patience here. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.