I might be having a caching issue

Hi!

I know the title is absurdly vague, but so far it's really the only thing I can think of regarding my issue. I'll copy/paste what I've posted at the TT Marketpress Frontend Admin forums, as this is related to the plugin:
"I’ve identified an unusual problem, don’t know if it’s happening only with me: the plugin is returning me an error whenever I deactivate it and reactivate it:
“Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/wheelofcommerce/public_html/wp-admin/includes/template.php:1877) in /home/wheelofcommerce/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1178?

This is what’s in line 1877 of template.php:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" class="ie8 ” <?php

And this is what's at line 1178 of pluggable.php:
header("Location: $location", true, $status);

I've tried deleting the pages it created, deleting the plugin itself and reinstalling it all over again, but still got the same error. Same thing happens with Twenty Fifteen as theme and with all the other plugins deactivated, so it's pretty obvious it's something in TT Marketpress Frontend Admin that's causing this.

BTW, I’ve successfully applied all the changes from that “Create an eBay-like site” tutorial, everything was working perfectly. Besides, like I’ve said above, the error persists even after switching the theme to Twenty Fifteen and deactivating all plugins except for TT Marketpress Frontend, and as all modifications made following the tuturial are applied to the child theme and by installing plugins, the changes made by the content of the tutorial simply can’t be the cause here.

Any idea on how to fix it?"

And it's not only that: as I was trying to get the plugin to work, I've deleted it and reinstalled it several times, each one of them doing something different, and now, when I log into one of my test accounts and go to the store admin area, everything seems fine, except that the slug is /store-admin-6, but I don't see 6 store admin pages listed at my wp super-admin dashboard (if I remove the -6 and press enter, it redirects me back to a permalink with the -6 in the slug). I also don't see the other pages create by TT Marketpress Frontend Admin listed anymore.

Considering all of that, I think I might be facing a caching issue here, even though I haven't used any caching plugins for a while now -I have WP Super Cache installed, but it has been deactivated for some time. Or it can be something else that's causing it, I honestly don't have a clear idea on this.

Thanks.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Gabriel,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

"I’ve identified an unusual problem, don’t know if it’s happening only with me: the plugin is returning me an error whenever I deactivate it and reactivate it:

This is a simple PHP warning and most of the time it doesn't affect functionality of site so it is nothing to worry about!

Do you have WP_DEBUG set to true in your wp-config.php file?

If you do then please set it to false.
    This will hide the warning messages and you will be able to use your site normally.

For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

And it's not only that: as I was trying to get the plugin to work, I've deleted it and reinstalled it several times, each one of them doing something different, and now, when I log into one of my test accounts and go to the store admin area, everything seems fine, except that the slug is /store-admin-6, but I don't see 6 store admin pages listed at my wp super-admin dashboard (if I remove the -6 and press enter, it redirects me back to a permalink with the -6 in the slug). I also don't see the other pages create by TT Marketpress Frontend Admin listed anymore.

I logged in to your site but didn't see the page tore-admin-6 so could you please share the URL of it so that i can troubleshoot it?

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Wheel of Commerce

Hi, man! Thanks for replying. By the way, I haven't answered my other thread, the one about the login form customization, because this issue is obviously more importantant, and I might be changing my whole custom login form to a plugin.

WP_DEBUG is set to false.
    The pages I'm talking about should be generated by TT Marketpress Frontend Admin:
    http://www.wheelofcommerce.com/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=mp_fronend_settings
    And should be listed here:
    http://www.wheelofcommerce.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=page

That store admin page I mentioned has a slug like /username/store-admin-6, like this one:
    http://www.wheelofcommerce.com/johanschneider/store-admin-6/

This might be a problem of permalink structure, or caching, or both, I'm not sure what's going on, but I'd really like to find out what's causing this, because like I said, it happens everytime I deactivate and reactivate TT Marketpress Frontend Admin, and as I'll probably have to do it again in the future to troubleshoot an issue, uploading the wp install and the MySQL file from my last site backup isn't really much of a solution, as I'd face this problem again in the future if I don't identify its root.

I've recently sent my wp super-admin, FTP and GoDaddy credentials to Ashok, the subject line of those emails look like "RE: Other Question: Attn-Ash" or just Attn: Ash. You'll find all the login credentials you can possibly need in those emails, but if you need anything else, please just let me know and I'll provide it.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

• Wheel of Commerce

Turns out those "pages" that I supposed should be generated by TT Marketpress Frontend Admin probably aren't pages at all, just menu items or something of the sorts. I'm waiting on a confirmation from the dev though, just to be sure. As the dev some times takes weeks to answer to a question, can you access the following page at my dashboard and tell me if those items at the panel right below "MP Frontend Admin Menus Settings" are supposed to be pages or something else?
    http://www.wheelofcommerce.com/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=mp_fronend_settings

I'm also sending the plugin's tutorial through email with your name at the subject line -I'm sending it from my email address, as WPMU contact form doesn't allow the inertion of attachments. From what I get from it, it doesn't clearly state if those elements are supposed to be pages or not, but you might find something there that says what exactly they're supposed to be.

Thanks.

• Ash

Hello @Gabriel

I hope you are well today.

As the dev some times takes weeks to answer to a question, can you access the following page at my dashboard and tell me if those items at the panel right below "MP Frontend Admin Menus Settings" are supposed to be pages or something else?

None of those are real pages. Those are virtual pages and show the data on the fly. The plugin uses the page slug, create virtual pages and when you view the page, it takes the slug and show the processed data.

About the store-6 slug, which subsite I should check? Would you please send a link of that subsite?

Cheers
    Ash

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Gabriel,

About the items displayed on that list, since they aren't pages, none of them should be displayed at wp admin>pages then? So is everything set up correctly regarding this matter?

Could you please tell me regarding which pages you are talking about?

I checked the link http://www.wheelofcommerce.com/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=mp_fronend_settings but didn't find any page listed on this page created on your site in the pages section.

Please advise.

Yes the Marketpress plugin has some virtual pages like products, shopping-cart etc. which doesn't display in the wp admin>pages section.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Wheel of Commerce

Thanks for replying.

I'm referring to that list of "links" at the panel named "MP Frontend Admin Menus Settings": Products, Pending products, Add new product and so on. Like Ashok mentioned in this therad:
    "None of those are real pages. Those are virtual pages and show the data on the fly. The plugin uses the page slug, create virtual pages and when you view the page, it takes the slug and show the processed data."

By that I take they shouldn't be displayed in my list of pages at wp admin>pages, so I guess everything is fine.

Thanks.

• Marcus

The solution to your "slug-6" issue is to check your page's "trash". As in Pages>>All Pages>> Trash. Before saving the slug, wordpress checks to see if any pages in trash have the same slug, just in case you ever wanted to restore the page from trash. When you modify the FrontEnd plugin and Save (Create Page Button), you create a new page if anything was changed since it's last update or page creation and trashes the previously created page to replace with newly created frontend page. When you delete them from trash, you will be able to update the slug on your most recent page.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.