I migrated

I migrated an Upfront site with snapshot and had problems. Except the "é", other French characters are gone/messed up again.

• Luís

Hi mohamed ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I gave a look you database and seems the special chars are messed up on there too. So, I am afraid we can fix this, except doing it manually or with a search and replace tool, what would be a hudge work.

What I can suggest you is to try restore the backup again, to check if the issue stills. Also, can you share the backup archive you used so we can try restore on our sites too? Please let us know where in the server (path) we can find the backup archive.

Cheers, Luís

• James Morris

Hello mohamed

I'm terribly sorry for the delay in response here.

This seems very odd that an exact backup performed via Managed Backups would break like this. I would like to take a look at this backup and try to restore it on one of my dev environments to see if I can replicate this issue and try to find a solution for you.

In order to assist you better, would you please upload your backup archive to your server and provide me with the following information?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Option: I have a different Question

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - path to the backup archive
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

~OR~

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.