I monitored the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin and see that

Hi Guys

I monitored the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin and see that is makes around 10 queries per page load. I would like to deactivate it if I can.

How would this effect my WPMU plugins other then updates?

Thanks

Kieran

• Bojan Radonic

Hey Kieran,

Hope you're well today :slight_smile:

I would like to deactivate it if I can.
    How would this effect my WPMU plugins other then updates?

While most of our plugins and themes will work just fine without WPMU DEV Dashboard activated aside from not being able to update them in WP admin, you won't be able to utilize the best features of our Services such as Hummingbird, Defender, WP Smush etc.

For example doing a scan in Defender or a performance report in Hummingbird is not available without WPMU DEV Dasbhoard being active, also in plugins such as Smush Pro you won't be able to utilize the pro features of the plugin, which is increased image size limit, bulk smush all images at once, smushing original image and so on so I'd advise on keeping that activated if possible :slight_smile:

If you have any additional questions please let me know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic

Hey Kieran,

The 10 queries are made for admins (specifically admins that have access to WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin), because we hook into the updates-available system and display available-updates badge in the WPMU DEV admin menu. So when the admin menu is generated the dashboard makes some queries (but only for admins that have access to WPMU DEV Dashboard). And admins that can update WordPresss core will also trigger a few DB queries since the dashboard checks for available WPMU DEV updates and adds them to the the default WP updates counter.

With that said those 10 queries should not have a big impact in most cases, especially since these are only for admin user and only for site back end if that makes sense.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.