I need a comprehensive CRM in WordPress for one of my projects

One of my projects is for a site which administrates virtual secretaries. This project has been put on hold for a number of years due to not being able to find the right tool for the job.

Have you created a CRM for WordPress? Is there one in the pipeline? I think it would be a very lucrative plugin to develop.

Please let me know anything you can about a WordPress CRM – present and future.

I’ll give you a list of requirements if you like?

Regards,

Sonny

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Sonny,

Greetings and thanks for your post.

Currently we do not have a CRM plugin for WordPress however I have moved this to features and feedback so that other users can post on a plugin like this.

to start with your search, you can start reading here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/8-wordpress-crm-solutions-for-your-business-or-nonprofit/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-as-a-crm-solution-move-over-salesforce-com/

I hope that helps.Please feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Cheers, PC

• sonnymanou
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I’ve been checking out your suggestions. Your CRMs need to go one further. I think perhaps I’ve used the wrong term? Maybe I should substitute “Customer Relationship Manager” for … (Wait for it:slight_smile:

“Customer Relationship Manager with Document Handling, Internal Email, Workflow, Complex Tasks and Staff Allocation Management” (“CRMDHEMWCTSAM” for short.)

All with a commercial front end of course.

SONNY

• anotheropus
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I gotta jump in and echo this also.

I’m looking at several CRM plugins (and one theme–but I’m not going to base my business site on a CRM theme!).

The problem with the bulk of the CRM offers for WordPress is that they handily link to some robust SAAS. Good for them.

Or the others which label themselves as “CRMs” but in reality they are online forms, email list builders, or some single aspect of a CRM–missing the whole “M” at the end; Management (you know, Everything” needs to be there).

I’m one of those knuckleheads who wants to put all my eggs into my WordPress basket. I want 100% onsite, wired into WordPress FULL CRM functionality–you know, “CRMDHEMWCTSAM (with the BP addons!).”

See if there’s a market and consider adding it to the excellent tool stack at WPMUDEV.

Warmest,

Chris

BTW – I’m leaning very heavily towards Blue Origami CRM for WordPress right now. It appears that some good people in Hong Kong are cobbling together a good product for us WPbies :slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for adding your thoughts Chris. I am sure that a CRM is a good market in WordPress plugins.

I would be discussing this one in my next meeting with the developers to see if there are any plans for this.

Currently they are extensively testing a new theme project which would be super cool BTW :slight_smile: so it has got all their attention and once that is delivered (No ETA’s please) they would start focusing on other new developments and feature additions.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• sonnymanou
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes, where are we with this? Has there been any discussion about it among developers? Somebody is missing a trick here. You are looking at a very lucrative plugin. Who wouldn’t want a CRM plugin for their site that rivals or surpasses Salesforce’s offering?

With regard to just taking donations, I think there are plenty of “donations” plugins that a nicely crafted web search would reveal. There might even be one here. I’m on my iPhone at the moment, so I can’t easily do the search just now. Paypal also has an easy to use donations script to take donations from your site straight to your paypal account. You have to pay a small commission on every donation, but some money is better than no money, right?

I think it would be useful for people to define what they want from a CRM plugin here on this thread. Let’s give our developers something definite to work on. I’ve already shared my thoughts on this subject. If others would chip in I would be grateful.

What do YOU want from your CRM?

Sonny.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for adding your thoughts and votes.

There hasn’t been much of a discussion on this one yet and due to this there are no current plans for a CRM plugin but I personally see that has a very valuable plugin if we make one.

Lets see how others want this and then take this up :slight_smile:

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for posting back.

Unfortunately I can’t answer that :slight_smile:

Had it been a feature request for a feature to be added to a plugin, things would have been different. Its a whole new plugin request which takes a lot of planning and consideration before the work is started on it.

Currently our lead developers are working on a lot of other projects (one of them is a super cool theme project which is under testing at the moment) and its taking up most of their time.

Once that is delivered to you, they will look at the other requests to see what can be done :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

• anotheropus
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey my friends,

Wanna save time and money and tap my online experience since 1992?

I’ve been online and building websites, hosting and doing SEO and (more lately SCRM) since 1992. I’ve been a paid professional developer and Internet consultant since 1996. I’ve worked in .NET and open source. Since 2008 I’ve focused on WordPress only.

I’ve built computers since 1981! Radio Shack, 8088s, XTs, 286, 386, 486, Pentiums–and then I stopped that nightmare and started buying :slight_smile:

I’ve used EVERY version of personal, network and server Windows and SharePoint (MOSS and WSS) since the first versions of DOS. I stopped using Windows Servers in 2009.

I don’t speak Mac.

Here’s (today’s) stack of plugins, tools and Cloud integrations I use for my WordPress, SEO and SCRM consulting work. I do this for myself to keep moving and on target, and I do this (and much more) for clients.

If you have to ask about my prices… :slight_smile:

WordPress

Google Apps for Business

Microsoft Office 365

Photoshop

ColorSchemer Studio

Notepad++

CodeLobster Premium

WAMP

Beyond Compare

Smart FTP

WinDirStat and Disk Space Finder

Scrivener

Workflowy

Asana

Quickbooks

Mint

CreditKarma

Nimble CRM

Capsule CRM

ClientSky

AWeber (don’t monkey around with email marketing)

John Fancher

TimeTrade

CopyBlogger Authority

CodeCanyon

ThemeAvenue

Hootsuite

Harvest

Zapier

CloudWork

Clarity.fm

Elance

WP Elevation

Amazon Web Services EC2, S3, Glacier, and CloudFront for CDN, media and live delivery and storage.

Google Webmaster Tools and Analytics

Plugins/add-ons I cannot live without:

WPMUDEV and wpmu-dev-dashboard

ManageWP

CMS Commander

WP-Client Pro (and all add-ons)

WPMasterAdmin

CopyBlogger Premise

codecanyon-125617-white-label-branding-for-wordpress

codecanyon-154703-ubermenu-wordpress-mega-menu-plugin

codecanyon-3043025-ubermenu-conditionals-extension

codecanyon-411466-foobar-wordpress-notification-bars

codecanyon-529353-menu-management-enhancer-for-wordpress

codecanyon-629172-css3-responsive-web-pricing-tables-grids-for-wordpress

codecanyon-1510785-adpress-wordpress-ad-manager

codecanyon-2594251-justified-image-grid-premium-wordpress-gallery

(do NOT use that horrible unmentionable most downloaded and “popular” gallery plugin)

codecanyon-2665332-social-gallery-wordpress-photo-viewer-plugin

codecanyon-2751380-slider-revolution-responsive-wordpress-plugin

codecanyon-4505485-sabaidirectory-for-wordpress

codecanyon-4619686-wp-awesome-support-responsive-ticket-system

(literally awesome)

codecanyon-4861796-brandmaster

codecanyon-5470898-heat-map-tracker-powerful-live-tracking-wp-plugin

codecanyon-2568439-calendarize-it-for-wordpress

codecanyon-3372371-vision-wordpress-shortcodes-plugin

seo-image-business

seo-smart-links-pro

Yoast SEO

video-user-manuals

Gravity Forms!

WishList Member and many extensions <– USE this one

s2Member Pro

PayPal Pro Business

2Checkout <– USE this one

Lightbox Evolution

SimplePress

BBPress

BuddyPress

Social Metrix Pro!

WP Robot

List Category Posts

YouTube Channel Gallery

Wibiya

If you don’t see something listed above that’s similar to something above–I probably tried it and that’s why I’m using what you see here :slight_smile:

Of course there is some overlap but it works the way I work.

I also own and use full unlimited licenses to WooThemes Themes and WooCommerce (with many, many extension licenses), Genesis Themes from StudioPress, and ElegantThemes. These are reliable and sustainable businesses.

I ONLY use responsive themes.

I’ve literally used every major web hosting provider, server colocation provider, and Dedicated and VPS servers since 1995. Today I use WP Engine, Synthesis or Page.ly for high volume sites and clients, and Site5 Premium Shared for low volume sites. Forget all the blues, greens, dreams, gators, and nodaddys, etc when you want reliable, secured WordPress hosting and service.

Super secret domain registrar ($ 9 per name!) MadDogDomains–a nodaddy reseller.

BTW I could have posted this in multiple posts to get more points–but I wantto earn my lifetime membership without any spam at WPMUDEV. So I’ll not be offended if you decide to toss some points at me! wink wink :slight_smile:

BTW2 – I balance the lowest cost possible to the greatest capabilities. There are many more apps that fit the above categories–but all of these are the lowest cost to value.

See you in the funny pages.

Warmest,

Chris

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Chris,

Thanks for your post and adding your experience and thoughts :slight_smile: I am sure it will help our community members.

I however, am a bit confused about the original topic being different from what you have posted unless I have missed something :slight_smile:

Was it a general information you wanted to share or related to WordPress CRM ?

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.