I need a do-over on creating a custom template in CustomPress

I tried autocreating a page template using CustomPress, and it doesn't seem to work.

It may be due to my theme (Panino) or perhaps that I didn't have the theme folder set to 777 when I first clicked "Save Changes".

I realized that the folder was not set to 777 after I'd already done it, and now, I can't seem to uncheck the box and re-create the page that wasn't created.

Any help?

Michael Bissett

Hey @kalico, Michael here!

From my own testing, it appears that the template file is being placed into the theme folder for Upfront itself, rather than Panino's theme folder, looks like there's an adjustment needed in the function for that template creator.

I should note though, that with the differences in templating that Upfront uses, you'd need to take a different path in creating templates for Upfront. We're working on the means for folks to create their own templates in Upfront, but in the meantime, one of our members generously contributed his own solution to template creation:

https://github.com/GuerrillaCoder/Upfront-Template-Builder

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

mabraham1

Thanks, Michael! That's all good info.

One question remains....is there any way to get rid of the attempt that the plugin made to create this template, so I can make a new one?

I'm seeing a grayed-out checkbox next to the content type name, so I can't uncheck it or recheck it and force the plugin to create a new template.

I'm actually not going to be using Panino (or any Upfront theme) for a while (was just testing/playing), so I want to make a template page that will work in a more traditional template hierarchy. I have looked at the one in the Upfront theme folder, and it doesn't look like it would be compatible with anything else.

Thanks!

Michael Bissett

Hey @kalico, thanks for your patience here!

One question remains....is there any way to get rid of the attempt that the plugin made to create this template, so I can make a new one?

I'm seeing a grayed-out checkbox next to the content type name, so I can't uncheck it or recheck it and force the plugin to create a new template.

Sure thing, you'd just want to delete this file:

/wp-content/themes/upfront/single-slug-for-cpt.php

From the Upfront theme folder, that'll bring that option back while you're using one of our Upfront themes.

Kind Regards,
    Michael