I need a few people to test my site for me. It's up and READY! Oh my GARSH...

Yeah!!!! I got my site done it's ready to go! It's taken me since April.

It's an ETSY type store with a Marketpress/Pro site membership and TT Frontend for the member!!!

I need testers to please purchase the yearly membership for .01
and add an item for .10

I am amazed because I have NEVER EVER done a site before. With all of your help I ---Me-- I was able to build it. The last few days I did need my fantastic programmer to work on it. It was waaaay over my head for the things I wanted him to do.

Please let me know if you would be willing.

Anyway- As soon as I get a few testers then I will do last minute tweaking and take the bogus memberships away.

Thanks in advance

Oh one more thing- I need some more explanation on the Floating Social. Do I have to have the number of likes showing or can I just use the click buttons?

• James Dunn

Goodday @militarymama.

I know we've seen you posting links to your site in past posts, but it might make it a little easier to help you out with testing by providing a link to your website that you want tested. :wink:

I'd be happy to give it a look-see and provide feedback.

BTW, can you actually do a $0.01 charge in PayPal? Don't they have a $0.50 minimum fee charge?

Regardless, give a link here and I'll give it a spin.

JDD

• James Dunn

Goodday @militarymama

O.K. First thing I noticed is that you can't put both the 1 cent item and the 10 cent item in the shopping cart at the same time. I don't know if that's by design or not.

Second thing is that once an item is put in the cart, if you accidentally put two of the same item (such as 2 of the 1 cent items), there's no way to reduce the quantity of the items in the cart. You must delete the items from the cart and then add them back in. Likewise, I don't know if this is by design or not either.

Registering in the checkout section was very easy and presented NO problems.

When I tried to proceed to PayPal, I got the following error:

There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again.

580022 - Invalid request parameter: amount must be greater than zero

I kind of wonder if that is what I was talking about earlier where you are below the minimum fees that PayPal will be charging. Want to try to increase the price to $0.50 and let me try again?

JDD

P.S. If you are going to be testing your shopping cart live and having purchases and refunds, you may want to let PayPal know this little tidbit of information. Otherwise, you run the risk of them freezing your PayPal account and then spending the next six months "investigating" the potentially fraudulent activity in your account. Just a quick "heads up".

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @militarymama

I'll test everything out later for you, when I get back.

@JamesDunn I just took a quick look and I believe the checkout thing is because Global cart isn't on (from what I can tell) each site has it's own cart and the two products that are live one is from one store and one is from another store.

@JamesDuun and @militarymama that is a excellent suggestion, paypal may well place a hold on your account if lot's of transactions get started, refunded and cancelled, I believe it says something about this in the paypal user policy, but I don't have it to hand right now, but I'll take a look later :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• James Dunn

Goodday @militarymama

Looks like PayPal has already limited your account.

I added the Silver Platter to the shopping cart this morning and it went all the way to PayPal - but I didn't log in.

Then, I emptied the cart, added the "Test Item" to the cart (for 1 cent) and it would not let me go to the PayPal payment screen. It gave me the error I showed you last night.

Then, I emptied the cart, added the "Anything You Want" to the shopping cart and got the following error:

There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again.

579048 - The PayPal account js@hotmail.com exceeds the sending limit
    520009 - Account js@hotmail.com is restricted

Hopefully, when you contact PayPal, they can lift your restriction with an explanation. Sorry I couldn't help more.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi Rhonda,

Yes that is the global I was talking about :slight_smile: (without that on, how are you taking the fee when the item sells?)

Here are a few problems I run across, while doing some testing quickly just now.

1. I was signing up for a marketplace, and I entered my password, but once I had registered the account it had changed the password to something that I didn't specify.

2. For some reason it wouldn't let me have uppercase letters in my site title or site name.

3.Once I had subscribed for the testing level membership for my site, and it had payment successful on your website it, where it says click to view your newly upgraded site, it redirects to the main website and not the sub site.

4. At first I was getting an error when trying to post a product without a category, I created a category and then it worked (See attached screen shot)

They were the only actual problems/bugs I come across when testing, I'll test some more on the site later.

A couple of suggestions.

The font is quite hard to read on any sub site, as it's bold? quite dark and because of the font type and it being small, it's makes it hard to read at first.

I would recommened branding the wp-login screen as once the site is created and you click log in, it directs you to the wp-login, tt-frontend has does have a great tutorial on their website about creating a marketplace with a custom login which personally I prefer, here's the link to that http://mp-frontend.info/category/wordpress-marketplace-tutorial/ If you just want to brand the wp-login screen you can use WPMUDEV own's plugin Ultimate branding here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

Also I would recommened getting rid of comments are closed on all product pages etc.

Hope this helps somewhat, congrats on getting your site finished! :slight_smile:

Let me know if there is anything specific you want me to test :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• militarymama

Jack,

Nope not resolved. Still working on a coding issue:
    To reproduce the error do the following steps:

1. Create a brand new site.
    2. After site is created click Manage Your Market.
    3. Log in with user name and password used to create site.
    4. Click on Store Settings.
    5. Click on Payments.
    6. Type an email in the PayPal Email Address textbox.
    7. Click Save Settings Button.
    8. The PayPal Email Address textbox will be empty, when it shouldn't

Does anyone have input on where I need to change this in the code and how to change it?

I posted another post for this issue.

I was going to mark this post as resolved until I get it worked out.

Grrr...so frustrating. I am not a technical person it's taken me since April to get the site up to where it is now. I have this last part and I'm ready to go. My hubby (Programmer) Doesn't know how to fix this issue. I don't want to take it all down and start over again. Looks like I might have to do that if we don't get this part resolved.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.