I need a little clarification regarding the Bulk Upgrades…

I would like to know if the Pro Sites Bulk Upgrades module allows users to use credits for upgrading from a Pro Site Level A to a Pro Site Level B.

After having tried it out, it seems that it only allows the use of credits if the site is being upgraded from a Free level to a Pro Site level. But, since I don’t have a Free level available, I’m not able to test this, so I’m not sure if that really is the case, or if my setup isn’t working right.

Could someone please clarify this for me?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @mari, I hope you’re well today!

It normally does not only apply to only free levels but all levels that can be upgraded. If this is not the way it works in your site, I might have to take a look at your backend and figure out what is going on…

Can you send me your admin credentials please?

– Send an email using our secure contact form on https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

– Select “I have a different question” from the dropdown

– On the subject enter “Attn: aristath”.

– Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue

– Include a link to your website

– Include your superadmin credentials (username + password)

– Include your FTP or cPanel details so that I check your files etc.

Cheers,

Ari.

• Mari
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Ari,

No, I’m afraid I didn’t see your reply. I noticed the payment so it was strange that I never heard from you again. On the other hand, I also reckoned you’d reverse the payment from the network admin area once you were done, and since that hadn’t happened yet, I thought you were still looking into it. :slight_smile: My humble apologies for this misunderstanding. I’ll refund your payment as soon as I’m done here.

The issue was with credits that were manually added to the user by super admin. I can’t see where the user can put a check to use the credits against a website they already have. The check boxes can’t be checked – they’re “dead” as far as I can tell.

I don’t think I’ll be using it so they actually purchase the credits since it only allows for annual recurring payments. But, I would very much like to use it so I can give the users free credits as a kind of bonus.

Since I have a Trial period, this will mean that they have already registered their website(s). So, they need to be able to use the credits for whichever website they already have. But the check boxes for the already registered websites can’t be checked.

I’m sorry, I hope my explanation is clear enough…

Will this be possible?

–Mari

• Mari

Ah… I see now… you can’t reverse that payment. :slight_smile: I thought it tied in with the Pro Sites user account page, but another mistake on my part! No wonder you didn’t reverse it… m(_ _)m

Refund is done. :slight_smile:

–Mari

• Mari

Hi Ari,

Since it was the weekend, I doubt you’ve tried to contact me, but if you perchance have emailed me since the last post I made above, then it seems I’ve missed it again… Could you please kindly post here? This seems to be a more certain way to get your message as I’m receiving the notification emails the system here sends out.

I just need to know if it’s possible or not. If not, that’s okay… I’ll think of a work around for what I’m trying to accomplish.

Regards,

Mari

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again Mari,

I’m really sorry for the long wait, I completely missed your responses!

The issue was with credits that were manually added to the user by super admin. I can’t see where the user can put a check to use the credits against a website they already have. The check boxes can’t be checked – they’re “dead” as far as I can tell.

Ah, I see… Now I understand the problem.

From what I can tell this is not supported out of the box.

You can always manually extend sites or give out coupon codes… But what you want to do is a bit tricky.

However I have just filed a feature request for this, hopefully we’ll be able to add it in a future version of the plugin.

Cheers,

Ari.

• Mari

Hi Ari,

Thanks for clarifying that. And no problem with the waiting part. I guess we’re quits now. :smiley:

And, thank you also for filing the feature request. I hope they can do something about that. It would be a huge benefit if you could give out free credits that can be used for free bonus sites.

For now, I think I’m just going to put it aside and perhaps I can incorporate it once the feature is available. I do realize it may not be soon, though. :slight_smile:

Enjoy your week,

Mari

• Mari

I see… That makes perfect sense. In other words, if you wanted to give credits out as bonuses, then your users would have to first signup with a non-pro site, which then also means that you can’t have a Trial period… Am I understanding this correctly?

–Mari

• Mari

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Aaron. It’s a pity I won’t be able to use it, but I still have hopes that your brilliant brains will come up with an idea that will allow it in the future. :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend,

Mari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.