I need a plugin to let people login and upload photos

Hi, i was wondering if there was a way to let my employees login to my wordpress website and upload photographs from their smartphone which then get stored in a folder unique to them for me to view anytime ? It has to be as simple as possible.

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Aaron!

I can get you as far as unique folders.

If you create accounts for each employee, then grant them "contributor" or "author" status. This will give them access to the media library, where they can directly upload images. With a little help from Ultimate Branding, you could hide every other part of the WP admin dashboard from them.

Another option would be to use BuddyPress, or our Status plugin, both of which can allow users to upload images to the media library, from the front end, so no need to allow dash access OR up the user permissions.

The issue is the folders. Using the media library to upload means the images will go in date based folders, not user based.

Would either of these work for you?

• Aaron

Hi Michelle, date based folders is fine too. Im trying to avoid buddypress or bbpress since its quite complex . I'm looking for the simplest way possible for an employee to upload photos to the media library. Also, i want to use a theme that doesnt support buddypress. Note: they are uploading photos from a mobile device so would be easier if they didnt have to go navigating around the back end on their small screen devices too. I'll look into this status thing but do i have to configure it in any way etc ? My wordpress knowledge is limited.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.