I need advice and feedback on site structure

Ok - I have 5 plugins that I need to semi-integrate and not sure if I understand how to make them work together --

I want to setup one affiliate system to track all of my possible sales -
pro-sites, membership, market press and the new course plugin, the fund raising plugin, and each of my city sites -- when a listing is sold
-------------------------------
I have pro-sites -- which I using for the free blogging upgrades - all features, premium plugins and themes etc --- everyone who registers can setup a free site -- this would be on the main site "theactionsociety"
-----------------------
Paid Membership levels for access to different levels of education and tracked by the affiliate system - I want this to control access to pages on a domain called wealthmindsetinstitute and tracked by the affiliate system
-------------------------------------
battlefield to boardroom site is using the funding plugin where we have reward levels set consisting of education and banner advertising, business listings, on my city sites to raise money for expansion and to hire and and employ veterans --

the educational area will be under the membership control so These levels will be set the same as the membership plugin -- Now I understand that they do not communicate by default-- and when someone funds at the funding site -- I will have manually update their membership level or write custom code to do such --

I also know that the funding site does not have an addon for affilate --

My main concern is that I can track affiliate --

Now would I be better off -- using funding plugin and the membership on the same site -- not use the funding money collection - but could still use the sidebar widgets etc for funding look ????

Any ideas the best approach -

The new course plugins --- will that work with membership? Can I build the courses using it and then include access under membership?

I am assuming marketpress has a shopping cart function --- would I be better off using that as my money collection from all the areas - rather than the built in gateways?
If I set my affiliate url to actioninnetork.com for tracking -- how do I send someone to actioninorlando.com -- and have the cookies set for the affiliate tracking --- and once a sale is made -- how do I record that in the affiliate system ---

sorry for the length -- but all of this relates and I have to figure out to finish

Thanks for your input

• Tyler Postle

Hey again Mindset!

I believe I touched on a bit of this in your last thread.

I want to setup one affiliate system to track all of my possible sales -
    pro-sites, membership, market press and the new course plugin, the fund raising plugin, and each of my city sites -- when a listing is sold

As I mentioned in the previous thread here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-want-a-global-affiliate-tracking-but-i-also-want-to-give-sites-the-option-of-having-their-own#post-738300

Network activating AND site by site activating plugins isn't possible in WordPress; however, we can use a little creative work around and activate Affiliates site by site for everything else then use the affiliate coupon technique to track Pro Site sign ups :slight_smile:

Paid Membership levels for access to different levels of education and tracked by the affiliate system - I want this to control access to pages on a domain called wealthmindsetinstitute and tracked by the affiliate system

It is good that you are using a separate domain/subsite for the membership plugin, as it would conflict if activated on the main site alongside Pro Sites.

Now would I be better off -- using funding plugin and the membership on the same site -- not use the funding money collection - but could still use the sidebar widgets etc for funding look ????

This is definitely a possibility here and sounds like a possible best case scenario. How are you planning on collecting the money with this method?

Or you are just manually doing that then adding it in?

The new course plugins --- will that work with membership? Can I build the courses using it and then include access under membership?

You have a couple options here. You can block access to courses with Membership and collect the affiliate stats that way. All you need to do is just allow access to the course for everyone(non-paid) then block off the URLs with a URL group in Membership :slight_smile:

Option #2: CoursePress already uses MarketPress as a gateway. In-fact it comes bundles with it, and since affiliates already integrates with MarketPress then you won't have any issues there just leaving it how it is.

I am assuming marketpress has a shopping cart function --- would I be better off using that as my money collection from all the areas - rather than the built in gateways?

Not all our plugins are integrated with MarketPress out of the box, so it would take custom code to do ALL of them through MarketPress; however, as mentioned earlier, CoursePress already uses MarketPress. Most of them it will be easiest to use the built in gateways if they don't already support MarketPress :slight_smile:

Last but not least --- my action in sites -- sell business listing, classified ads, real estate listings ---

Directory is already integrated with Affiliates so for all your listing needs you are covered there :slight_smile: Classifieds ads you could possibly use with Membership, require a certain membership level to post classifieds, that way they have to pay through Membership to gain access to the form.

Or you could setup a Classifieds product in MarketPress and sell it that way instead of using the built in gateway. You could include the classifieds ad link in the completed sale email.

If I set my affiliate url to actioninnetork.com for tracking -- how do I send someone to actioninorlando.com -- and have the cookies set for the affiliate tracking --- and once a sale is made -- how do I record that in the affiliate system ---

Affiliates will issue a URL to all of your affiliates, so when they send traffic to your site through that link then they will get credited for the sale :slight_smile:

The aff link will look something like domain.com/?aff=tyler-63

Hope this helps Mindset! Let me know if you have any further questions here.

Always happy to help.

All the best,
    Tyler

• mindset

I have combined the other ticket into this one --- hopefully to simplify

In this situation, what I would do, is activate Affiliates site by site - that way you are covering everything except Pro Sites. Then for Pro Sites you can use a different affiliate method, such issuing unique coupon codes to anyone who wants to be an affiliate to the main site :slight_smile:

I originally signed up to wpmudev cause all the plugins supposedly worked together and I am finding that is far from reality. -- but none the less - wpmudev is sill a very valuable organization to me -- having said the disclaimer LOL -- so maybe I am expecting too much.

What I am trying to get away from is having multiple affiliate systems to keep track of -- and I certainly do not want to create coupons for thousands of affiliates by hand --

If I activate affiliate site by site ---- and I do that for 10 company sites -- don't i then have 10 different affiliate tracking systems with unique numbering system for each -- and so an affiliate would have to sign up 10 times??? Not to mention, if a use activates affiliate on their site --- How would the system know that the users affiliate is different than the company affiliate?

I want to assign one affiliate tracking number with one affiliate area for stats and I want to be able to pay those affiliates with a simple process and have it track everything done on all the company sites - not hand total 1,000s of sales.

So what I want is one affiliate system for all my company sites -- and allow new blog site owners to also have their own affiliate system on their sites through pro-sites. This seems to me to be a standard want?

Assuming I can do that -- and I make my url http://actioninnetwork.com
    How does the affiliate send a referral to actioninorlando.com (company site) and still set cookies for tracking ---

This is definitely a possibility here and sounds like a possible best case scenario. How are you planning on collecting the money with this method?

Or you are just manually doing that then adding it in?

You have a couple options here. You can block access to courses with Membership and collect the affiliate stats that way. All you need to do is just allow access to the course for everyone(non-paid) then block off the URLs with a URL group in Membership :slight_smile:

Option #2: CoursePress already uses MarketPress as a gateway. In-fact it comes bundles with it, and since affiliates already integrates with MarketPress then you won't have any issues there just leaving it how it is.

I wan't sure how I was going to handle it --- cause again I was under the impression that all these tools worked together -- so after your discussion -

We have the funding, membership, and courses plugin -- I have membership and funding with the same defined packages -- but they do not communicate - and so I would have to manually set one package or another -

all the education is located at wealthmindsetinstitute.com -- the funding site is battlefieldtoboardroom -- all mapped to theactionsociety -- I do not necessarily use the funding plugin for fund collection - -if I can just use the membership plugin to collect the money and set the access to courses based on that collection -- then I would love to use the funding widgets to show progress and the tease donates -- but not sure if I can tie those into membership -- then I can set some of the courses up as pages as they are now -- and control access by membership level -- I could then develop new courses using the course plugin and controlling access to those urls by group as you say in the membership

What funding widgets would work with the membership pay control? I would probably have to manually update it -- correct? through the pledge function

Does that solve my issues -- and will the above work?

if it will work -- then all I have to do is get the global affiliate to work -- on all my company sites --- doesn't the affiliate plugin provide code I could put on those sites -- to check for a cookie, set it if not there for the affiliate tracking -- at least that is the way I have done it in the past - the trick would be tracking the purchases -

Your feedback and ideas

• Michael Bissett

Hey @mindset,

So what I want is one affiliate system for all my company sites -- and allow new blog site owners to also have their own affiliate system on their sites through pro-sites. This seems to me to be a standard want?

Our Affiliates plugin can only be either network-activated, or activated site-by-site, so in order to have both a network wide affiliate system, as well as giving the ability for site owners to offer their own system, you would need to have Affiliates activated network wide (so that Pro Sites is covered), and then use another affiliates plugin so that your site admins could offer their own affiliate programs (this would most likely require some custom development though).

...if I can just use the membership plugin to collect the money and set the access to courses based on that collection -- then I would love to use the funding widgets to show progress and the tease donates -- but not sure if I can tie those into membership -- then I can set some of the courses up as pages as they are now -- and control access by membership level -- I could then develop new courses using the course plugin and controlling access to those urls by group as you say in the membership

What funding widgets would work with the membership pay control? I would probably have to manually update it -- correct? through the pledge function

While you can use Membership to restrict access to courses using the URL group rules, as my colleague @Tyler Postle suggested, you would have to hire a developer in order to integrate our Fundraising plugin in the fashion you laid out, as it doesn't have integration with Membership presently.

Given the scale of this site, I'd personally recommend posting on our Jobs Board, both for this & the affiliate program situation as well:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.