I need assistance deciding what membership plugin to use:

I need assistance deciding what membership plugin to use: Membership 2 Pro, Pro Sites, or if I need one at all for what I'm trying to achieve.

I am building a network site for client access only. Each client will have their own free work-space (site) with no admin access. Each client work-space (site) will use the same theme template and all client services and tools will only be accessible from the front-end. I want the client to sign in to their work-space (site) but instead of going to the dashboard they are routed to the front-end of the site. Does anyone know if any of these plugins will achieve this goal or have a recommendation on what will.

Thanks,
Trudy

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Trudy,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

If you're not going to charge clients for using their "workspaces" the Pro Sites plugin wouldn't be necessary here. If you do however, it'd be very handy.

Personally, I'd go this way:

- setup a regular Multisite WordPress
    - install all the necessary plugin and themes
    - create a single sub-site
    - on this sub-site setup everything the way it should look/work for client; just like it was a ready to use site (including all the theme and plugins configuration)

- then install the "New Blog Templates" plugin on your network:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

- use "New Blog Templates" to create a "site template" out of this sub-site you just created; take a look please at "New Blog Templates" usage guide where it's explained:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/#product-usage

At this point, your clients will be able to come to your main site, go to registration page, select the "ready to use site" (or one from many, you can create as many of them as you wish) and sign up and they'll be given a fully working ready to use "out of the box" site that'll be fully configured even including some pre-defined content if you wish.

The last step would be to prevent dashboard access. This plugin should do all the hard work for you:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-access-manager/

Alternatively, you could try redirect all "non-superadmins" away from the dashboard with this custom code:

<?php
    add_action( 'admin_init', 'custom_wpadmin_blockusers_init' );
    function custom_wpadmin_blockusers_init() {
      if ( !current_user_can( 'manage_network' ) ) {
        wp_redirect( home_url() );
        exit;
      }
    }

This code should be added as an "MU Plugin" so to implement it on your Multisite WordPress:
    - create an empty file with a ".php" extension (e.g. "redirect-from-admin-dashboard.php")
    - paste the code there
    - upload the file via FTP to the "/wp-content/mu-plugins" folder of your install.

If you have any further questions, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.