I need bitcoin functionality on multiple plugins

I am using the Marketpress plugin currently and I need that to work similarly to the Wp-E-ecommerce plugin for bitcoin. Though I would also like to see all of my customers able to host a wallet on my website too.

Any kind of bitcoin support the better. I would hate to have to go to WP-Ecommerce, because Marketpress works so well with cubepoints!

I also would like to see the User Sync plugin transfer cubepoints for users.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings friar_ryan,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

It might take a bit longer than useful if indeed chosen by the lead developers to be developed. Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

I see that you have already placed this request in the applicable feature requests area and I will alert the lead developer to your request.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• friar_ryan
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks, I'll take a look at the job board.

I wonder if I pay for a plugin to be developed, do I get exclusive rights to it? Or is it something that MPMU Dev would use in other code?

Just curious, I would probably want the code to be opensource so that it gets better in time. I would hate to lock it down with copyrights or whatever.

But I just wondered how WPMU dev works?

• friar_ryan
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I may just switch to wp-e-commerce for awhile. I can't wait. The paying with bitcoin thing is more important to me than the functionality between cubepoints and marketpress.

I will look forward to paying a monthly subscription fee if a bitcoin plugins are developed by WPMU.

But I simply can't afford to wait for the service or pay for development fees.

Thanks for your time.

• friar_ryan
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Joe, I have been using WPMU for a few years. I have bought templates in the past, and this time I bought the Marketpress plugin. But I need a lot more from WPMU to sign up on a monthly subscription, since I am now converting over to exclusively using bitcoin as a currency on all of my websites. I feel sort of disappointed by Marketpress, because literally every other payment gateway that I have used in the last 10 years except Marketpress offers a bitcoin plugin.

See here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Category:Shopping_Cart_Interfaces

There are over a dozen gateways now that offer a bitcoin plugin for FREE.

So to continue to pay $19 per month to support the development of Marketpress (as I am doing now, into my second month paying for it now), seems wasteful on my tight budget.

Right now I can pay a developer $75 worth of bitcoin to make this plugin for Marketpress. Which is less than the entire subscription fee at WPMU if I decide to sign up for the full subscription.

But I don't want to pay someone a one off fee of $75 just to find that it is not supported later on.

So I am going to go back to WP-E-Commerce since I have already paid for this plugin and it does accept bitcoin as payment.

But I suspect that MPMU is losing a HUGE share of the market and of the future market by not paying more attention to bitcoin.

Incumbent Congressional representatives are using bitcoin:

http://www.paymentsjournal.com/Content/Featured_Stories/13326/

Max Keiser of the of the Keiser report has switched exclusively to bitcoin:
    maxkeiser.com

Forbes has written dozens of articles on Bitcoin.

So while this is my loss for now, being that I just paid for a plugin from WPMUDev that I can not use. But it is also WPMU's loss.

As of today I am cancelling my subscription with WPMUdev, and I may pick it up again if your team ever starts developing for bitcoin.

Thanks for your time and your patient responses.

• Nitrous Cloud
    • The Crimson Coder

I'm finding several requests for bitcoin and bitpay in a search, and would add my +1 to each of them. Would it be helpful to combine the requests into one so the total interest could be compiled? How much interest does it take to get something like this started?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Nitrous Cloud,

Thank you for the questions and indeed I believe it would be a waste of effort since even if you comment on a hundred tickets regarding bitcoin etc. that it only counts as one vote.

Hopefully this will be considered for development sooner then later by the development team.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• Harvey'sCoffee
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello guys!

I've great news for everyone interested in putting up a bitcoin payment option on your MarketPress.

We have made a solution to this ever wanted customization. Now, we're able to incorporate bitcoin payment option for MarketPress.

The plugin we developed enables your cart total to move over to the standard bitpay.com interface at checkout through API. The exchange happens with bitpay.com so there are no details with handling the exchange itself, simply a method to collect a total cart amount via bitpay as part of the checkout procedure.

You can proceed here to read more about it and download the code itself: http://davidcol.es/bitcoin-marketpress/

I decided to share it for free but donations are always appreciated.

I hope this helps you in your endeavor.

Regards,
    Dave

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.