I Need Buttons on the Home page to be in a Red Box.

Hi,

Please go to my Home page at works-words.com/NSM-WIKI/WP/wordpress. Please note the red box around the SKYDIVING MUSEUM link just below and to the right of the slider.

I need the links above and to the right of the slider, which are actually from Appearance --> Menu --> Select a menu -->links to skydiving museum and emuseum (Primary Header Menu). Those items are called 'Skydiving Museum Web Page' and 'e-Museum Collection'.

I have not found a way to make a RED BOX around the items in this menu. The other box is a feature of my theme, Minimaze.

Please provide a way for me to get the red boxes around the items in the Primary Header Menu. PLEASE do not suggest a non-WPMU Dev plugin to solve this, except possibly code that can be inserted into Custom Simple Css, which I have installed and activated and is in use.

When providing a solution, if it entails adding code to the Simple Custom CSS, please provide the exact syntax I will need.

Thank you VERY much in advance.

Mary :o)

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Mary,

Hope you're doing well today! Thanks for your question.

I think I got this sorted for you, hopefully I understood what you are after.

Here is the CSS I have added:

#menu-links-to-e-museum-and-skydiving-museum .menu-item {
      background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #f33f3f;
      transition: all 0.3s ease 0s;
      margin: 0 10px;
    }

#menu-links-to-e-museum-and-skydiving-museum .menu-item:hover {
      background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #333
    }

#header .header-links > ul > li a, #header .header-links > ul > li a:hover {
    color: #fff;
    }

I added that to your simple custom css plugin for you :slight_smile:

I made the primary menu items look just like your menu item to the right there. So I added the red box and hover colour as well as changing the font color to white.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you still need any further assistance with that :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.