I need Coursepress Pro support...

Third time I'm trying to enter this support question... your (damn) popups get in the way!

I downloaded and installed the free version of Coursepress then decided to purchase the Pro version. Using the WPMU dashbaord I am unable to install it. I click download and install but keep going in circles, it won't install.

When tried to enter a support question from the dashboard I'm told that I've exceeded the number of sites... when I go to change that, I see that only this one site is enabled. I'm not clear where I stand... what I can do and what I cannot. I've chosen the 'one plugin' only option... do I not get support? I want to evaluate the support before I upgrade. Please help.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there,

Not sure what issue you're getting with the popups, the form pops up and you fill that in.

I've posted a link here to show how opening tickets on our system works, I hope this clarifies:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/how-to-open-a-support-ticket/

If there is something going on that makes it hard then please let me know along with some screenshots so I can see what's occurring. I just tested now and it seemed ok.

I downloaded and installed the free version of Coursepress then decided to purchase the Pro version. Using the WPMU dashbaord I am unable to install it. I click download and install but keep going in circles, it won't install.

Are you seeing any errors? What occurs when you try to upload?

What happens if you remove the free one first?

Or if you use FTP to upload the files?

When tried to enter a support question from the dashboard I'm told that I've exceeded the number of sites... when I go to change that, I see that only this one site is enabled. I'm not clear where I stand... what I can do and what I cannot. I've chosen the 'one plugin' only option... do I not get support? I want to evaluate the support before I upgrade. Please help.

You do of course get support. :slight_smile:

I see that it's currently you have one domain listed, this site should be the one that works through our dashboard. Don't worry though because you can download direct from here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/coursepress-pro/

And install on any site you like, it just means our dashboard and support is limited to that but don't worry about that because we're happy to help where we can. :slight_smile:

Take care and have a great day.

• salvatore_familia

Thank you Timothy. After deleting the free version I was able to install the Pro version. And I'm having no problems with the ticket system now.

Another question: I would like to design my course pages to look similar to the thumbnail on this page:

with the "Your courses have never looked so good" caption. I'm assuming this is a sample of a page from the Coursepress Theme which I am not using. I am familiar with CSS and can do minor changes to WP template files... can you make a suggestion where I should look to make those changes. Is CSS enough or do I need to modify pages in my Child theme? Any guidance you can offer would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    Sal

• Timothy Bowers

That's great to hear! :slight_smile:

Another question: I would like to design my course pages to look similar to the thumbnail on this page:

Is using the provided theme that comes with CoursePress not an option for you?

That way you get everything you want.

If you need to edit your existing theme to look like that in layout that could be require a fair bit of work. I've not seen your site yet, or the CoursePress pages to know for sure. I'd be happy to take a look if you provide a direct link. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• Timothy Bowers

Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Timothy Bowers
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

I took a look after receiving your email, I think I get what you want to do. Your current theme is a lite one as in colours.

So I think you want stuff like button colour we could look at the CoursePress theme (set that up on test site) and then take the CSS for styling. I just grabbed a bunch of code here to show an example:

/* SPAN COURSE STATUS INDICATION BUTTONS */

.apply-button-finished,
    .apply-button-full,
    .apply-button-enrollment-closed,
    .apply-button-enrollment-finished,
    .apply-button-prerequisite,
    .apply-button-not-started,
    .apply-button-pending,
    .apply-button,
    a.apply-button-enrolled,
    .manage-course,
    #student-settings input[type="submit"].apply-button-enrolled,
    #modules_form input[type="submit"].apply-button-enrolled,
    #contact_form input[type="submit"].apply-button-enrolled,
    .apply-box input[type="submit"].apply-button,
    .apply-box a.apply-button{
        min-width: 240px;
        display: block;
        background-color: #ccc;
        background: #ccc;
        color: #fff;
        text-align: center;
        padding: 6px 30px 6px 30px;
        font-family: 'Dosis', sans-serif;
        font-size: 22px;
        text-transform: uppercase;
        /*    text-transform: capitalize;*/
        white-space: nowrap;
        overflow: hidden;
        text-overflow: ellipsis;
        margin-top: 1px;

-moz-border-radius: 0px;
        -webkit-border-radius: 0px;
        border-radius: 0px;
        border: none;
        text-shadow: none;
        font-weight: 300;

box-shadow: none;
    }

.apply-button-enrolled
    {
        max-width: 240px;
        display: block;
        background-color: #ccc;
        background: #ccc;
        color: #fff;
        text-align: center;
        padding: 6px 30px 6px 30px;
        font-family: 'Dosis', sans-serif;
        font-size: 22px;
        text-transform: uppercase;
        /*    text-transform: capitalize;*/
        white-space: nowrap;
        overflow: hidden;
        text-overflow: ellipsis;
        margin-top: 1px;

-moz-border-radius: 0px;
        -webkit-border-radius: 0px;
        border-radius: 0px;
        border: none;
        text-shadow: none;
        font-weight: 300;

box-shadow: none;
    }

.quick-course-info .apply-button-enrolled{
        min-width: 120px;
        max-width: 120px;
    } 

.single-course .quick-course-info .apply-button-enrolled{
        padding-left: 20px;
        padding-right: 20px;
        max-width: 240px;
    }

.course-archive .apply-button-finished,
    .course-archive .apply-button-full,
    .course-archive .apply-button-enrollment-closed,
    .course-archive .apply-button-enrollment-finished,
    .course-archive .apply-button-prerequisite,
    .course-archive .apply-button-not-started,
    .course-archive .apply-button-pending,
    .course-archive .apply-button,
    .course-archive .apply-button-enrolled,
    .course-archive a.apply-button-enrolled,
    .course-archive #student-settings input[type="submit"].apply-button-enrolled,
    .course-archive #modules_form input[type="submit"].apply-button-enrolled,
    .course-archive #contact_form input[type="submit"].apply-button-enrolled,
    .course-archive .apply-box input[type="submit"].apply-button,
    .course-archive .apply-box a.apply-button,
    {
        margin-top: 0px;
        min-width: 0px;
        padding: 6px 24px 6px 24px;
    }

.course-archive button.apply-button-enrolled,
    .content-instructor-profile button.apply-button-enrolled{
        padding: 11px 24px 11px 24px;
    }

.apply-button-pending,
    .apply-button-enrolled,
    a.apply-button-enrolled,
    .manage-course{
        background-color: #ff6600;
        background: #ff6600;
    }

.apply-button,
    .apply-button-enrolled,
    a.apply-button-enrolled,
    #student-settings input[type="submit"].apply-button-enrolled,
    #modules_form input[type="submit"].apply-button-enrolled,
    #contact_form input[type="submit"].apply-button-enrolled,
    .apply-box input[type="submit"].apply-button,
    .apply-box a.apply-button{
        background-color: #0facd9;
        background: #0facd9;
    }

a.apply-button-enrolled:hover, #student-settings input[type="submit"].apply-button-enrolled:hover, #modules_form input[type="submit"].apply-button-enrolled:hover, #contact_form input[type="submit"].apply-button-enrolled:hover, .apply-box input[type="submit"].apply-button:hover{
        background-color: #21bce8;
    }

.save_elements_message_ok{
        background-color: #21bce8;
    }

#student-settings input[type="submit"]{
        width: 20%;
    }

.course_structure_page_li.single_column a:hover, .course_structure_unit_label.single_column a:hover {
        background:none;
    }

That handles the button, it will style your sites button for courses in the same way as you see in that CP theme.

Depending on what else you want to try and match it will probably take you a while but you could go through chrome developer tools to see what elements are what and then looking for the corresponding CP css.

Without revealing your site I've attached a screenshot of how this button looks on your site.

If you don't know much about Chrome Dev tools you can read up here:

https://developer.chrome.com/devtools

This should hopefully get you in the right direction without the need to hire a developer to do this all. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• salvatore_familia

Thanks Timothy, that was very helpful. But now its seems I have another problem... I've created a new test site so that I can work with the Coursepress Theme... I installed the Coursepress Pro plugin and theme and everything looks fine but when I try to add a Course I get the following message:

"While CoursePress Pro is suitable for offering a few courses, you may have bigger goals for your site. CoursePress PRO takes the features you love from CoursePress Pro and unlocks the ability to create an unlimited number of courses. And get 12 payment gateways making it even easier to accept payments for your premium content."

There is only one course, the sample that comes with the install, and whenever I try to add another I get the above message. Pretty useless, isn't it? Is there a difference between a "Pro" and "PRO" version? I can't find any mention of it anywhere on the WPMUdev site. This message makes no sense at all to me.

• salvatore_familia

Thank you Timothy, but perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I DID install the Pro version (and it IS labeled as such in my Wordpress plugin page - see the included screen shot). The message from Wordpress was very misleading... it said (exactly):

"While CoursePress Pro is suitable for offering a few courses, you may have bigger goals for your site. CoursePress PRO takes the features you love"

So if I had the free version installed why does is say "Pro"? And is there a difference between "Pro" and "PRO"?

Today I saw that there is a new version of Coursepress Pro (or is it PRO??) available and I must say how complicated and problematic trying to get that update was... I have installed and updated many dozens of plugins from other sources - both free and premium - and I never had such difficulty. It is not clear to me how to even do this - when I click the "download update" link, besides being inundated with pleas to "upgrade my membership" it took several attempts to download the file. Now I'm not sure what the procedure actually is to update the plugin now that I have the file. Do I inactivate and then delete the old version (and again... I can't be sure which version I do have... the "FREE VERSION" that just HAPPENS to be labeled "Pro" ... the "Pro" version that is not working correctly?...)

Again, I've never had difficulty and uncertainty with Wordpress plugins before. And now I'm stalled from moving ahead and have to wait for a response before I can work with a plugin a purchased days ago.

Although my experience with WPMUdev tech support has been exceptional, I'm VERY disappointed with my transactions with your company. I want to get Courepress Pro to work and want to be sure I can update it smoothly as updates are available without confusion and constantly being hounded to upgrade and spend more money.

Can you tell me what might be wrong with my current installation and how I am to update to the new version from the file I've downloaded?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hiya @salvatore_familia,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your patience on this.

It's CoursePress Pro, the free version is just called "CoursePress" it should also be a one click update and not prompt you to download a file.

Can you grant me support access please via your wp-admin > WPMU DEV > Support > Support access and click "Grant Access".

I can then take a closer look at this for you.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.