I need help deciding which plugins to use (Prosites VS Membership)

Hello, let me describe exactly what I am after, and I'm hoping that you gurus can tell me which plugins and how to accomplish this.

Multisite install, already have this set up for subdomains.
2 Membership types: Silver and Gold
Silver has a site but can access and change absolutely nothing
Gold has a site and can add new posts - cannot modify ANYTHING ELSE
Users sign up and pay from the front end. Silver and Gold are different prices.
They are given options as to which template to choose when they sign up. (I have built templates already)
Affiliates get 20% revenue, so they will get more for signing up Gold members.

I feel like I managed to get a lot of this going with Pro Sites, however, I believe that when users sign up here they are given administrative access to their site. I want them to be able to access absolutely nothing if they are silver, and if they are gold they have 3 things in their menu: Posts, Media, and Users.

I feel like with one or the other, or maybe a combo of both Prosites and Membership 2 that this should be possible, but I'm having one heck of a time putting it all together.

I also want users to be able to upgrade their membership from Silver to Gold, and also have the ability to downgrade their membership as well.

• Rupok

Hi Dooceswild, hope you had a wonderful day.

I'm afraid, with Pro Sites, you can't make admins restricted to only "Posts, Media, and Users" options. You are right about your belief. Users are given admin access to their sites because he is the first user of that site and before creating another user for that site, there is no one else to give admin access to manage things there.

So I'm not sure how exactly what you want is possible. Maybe possible with advanced custom coding but I don't see any plugin option for doing this without coding.

What do you think? Can you check this blog article and let us know if this give you any valuable insight? https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/auto-assign-user-roles-membership-2/

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok