I need help executing an idea in my head, but unsure how with the plugins.

The question I have is very WPMU specific, as I'm unsure of how to set this up.

Essentially, I'm looking to build a network with the plugins that once a user makes a purchase of the site, they go through registration, pick their domain name, choose a theme, and then that particular type of site would be auto-created and loaded for the user. From there, they would pay for premium plugins to further upgrade the site.

When their site was finished, depending on the type of site they constructed, they would automatically have a drip-feed video course sent to them from the root site, probably using Membership/CoursePress. I'm trying to wrap my head around how to do this, but I'm really at a loss with the plugins, given I'm just starting with them.

I can explain in further detail via email, as I don't want to give away how WPMUDev plugins are being used, because it's the crux of the service I'm building.

Thanks in Advance!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Dan,

Welcome to wpmudev, hope you're well?

You would need a combination of the pro sites plugin, which you can then configure with different subscription levels, and then enable the pay to blog, premium plugins & premium themes modules.

That will allow you to sell different packages with different themes/plugins available. See https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/#usage

In combination with the new blog templates plugin, this will allow you to select a different site template as they sign up, their site will then be created using the template they selected during sign up, So you could have a specific theme & plugins all set up & configured for them, this would include coursepress courses if you add them to the template site you create for use with NBT. See https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/#usage

Hope this helps

• Dan
    • New Recruit

Thank you for that, but now I think I'm running into a different issue.

They aren't different "levels", as the Pro Sites has laid out, but each type of Pro Site is a unique configuration of plugins and layouts specific to that market. There will be 1 upgrade level for each of those individual pro sites, but they all essentially are the same price point.

So essentially, Pro Site 1 would have its' own Pro Site plugin/theme config and 1 level of upgrades, Pro Site 2 would have its' own Pro Site plugin/theme config and 1 level of upgrades, etc. With the purchase of Pro Site 1, on the root domain, could it be configured to have a Coursepress series unlock specifically for Pro Site 1 with a Buddypress private group and BBPress forum?

I'm not sure of how to do this, but am I close?

Thank you again!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delay. That's not quite how pro sites works. The levels are cumulative, so level 2 will have all the privileges of level 1 & level 2

So you can't do it exactly how you suggest. Though with new blog templates, you can allow the user to choose their site template to use.

Prosites allows control of subscriptions based on the site itself & not the actual content. You would need this if you wish to offer premium themes/plugins.

So you may need a combination of pro sites as well as a plugin such as protected content if you wish to also restrict content too https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/protected-content/

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.