I need help installing the pay per view plugin

I am not tech savvy, but I just purchased the pay per view plugin for my website, and I am having problems installing it correctly.

I am trying to display the short film of my documentary and charge a fee per view, but the plugin is allowing visitors to still access the page as it asks for the payment options.

http://www.thelastamericanplantation.com

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Miles,

We received your email and I hope you won't mind my stepping in to assist as well. It seems like your theme might actually be using some custom method of displaying this page content to where the Pay Per View plugin wouldn't work. Let's look into that though.

I've attached a screenshot of the options area for Pay Per View for when you're creating the page.

Could you let us know, perhaps with a screenshot, what you have for your Pay Per View options in this particular page?

Thanks,
    David

• Miles
    • New Recruit

David:

I appreciate your email and this post to help me resolve this matter with this plugin.

I can get the ppv plugin to work just fine with reading content, but I am having issues is with the video aspect. I cannot block the viewing of a designated page on my site with a video that I want to charge to view.

I read in the documentation that came with the plugin that I needed to copy and paste a code for video ppv viewing on the page and it will automatically make the changes. I tried editing the code with my Vimeo account and instead of YouTube. Here is a screenshot from my laptop that shows what I "tried" doing to enable the video ppv.

Here is the page I am trying to block for PPV usage: http://thelastamericanplantation.com/trailer/15-minute-trailer/

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Thanks for posting that Miles. It does help.

You actually wouldn't need to include all the code in the content. I'm hoping we wont' need to use that code at all, we'll just need to find out how your theme is displaying that video.

Could you let us know where you've linked to that video in your site?

Or is it actually the video link that's included in that bit of code?

If that's the case, could you try entering just the bare video url.

Could you let us know how that all works?

Thanks,
    David

• Miles
    • New Recruit

The theme has a section on the bottom of the edit page that allows me to just simply paste the link to my Vimeo page to show any Youtube or Vimeo video in the background of the page.

I erased the background information and just simply added the Vimeo link to the content area, and nothing happened.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Miles,

Thanks for that clarification. And thanks for trying that bare link, I was hoping that would just work, but looks like we'd need to embed the full video code.

Could I ask for your to have a look at either of the following solutions?

This is a guide on how to include a Vimeo video in post content:
    http://www.miracletutorials.com/how-to-embed-video-vimeo-in-wordpress/

And this is a Vimeo plugin that makes it very easy to include videos:
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/lux-vimeo-shortcode/

Either of those will help to get the video displaying within the post content.

Once that video is included in your content area, Pay Per view can then work to restrict access to it.

Mind you, I suspect it may be possible to get the video working in your background using your theme-specific option, but that would involve editing your theme.

But if these methods work just as well, that won't be needed.

Could you let me know how that works for you?

Thanks,
    David

• Miles
    • New Recruit

I am still having problems with it. The only thing I am getting it to do is having the ppv window on top of the video as it plays in its entirety.

I am going to take the time over the weekend and play around with it a little more to see what type of other options I can come up with before the roll out of the website Monday. Perhaps go to another theme and/or website to strictly use as a video displaying site if I need to.

David, I appreciate your help.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Miles,

You're most welcome, of course! And just to add, I personally think that theme is great and that background video feature's very nice. It's just that since it's a feature specific to the theme, it might not be quite so easy to add Pay Per View to it. Though I'm sure that's something we could look into. I just wanted to be sure we could get it worked for posted content first off.

We'll be right here, so just let us know how that all goes and what we can do to assist. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.