i need help reducing the footer space that's not used

can someone help me to reduce the empty space at the bottom of my website (the footer) where there is unused space. it looks so off..
where would i go to adjust it. i'm using the opulus sombre theme.
thanks.

• Jennifer
    • Flash Drive

by the way, this is the same space that widgets could be place, but i dont have any widgets there because when you add them, so much space is added. plus it's all gray at the bottom of the theme...

so if i can either change the color...which would probably still look weird, or reduce it.

• Jennifer
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ari.. gotmailforkids.com is the site.
    Notice @ the bottom there is a gray area where widgets go + the footer.
    There are no widgets right now and I really dont want there to be any because when you add the widget, it is so much gray space that it looks off...

Also, may I ask if I change my theme.. currently the opulus sombre, will it change the website and make me start over?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Jennifer, I'm sorry for the delay on this post, I just had a day off.

Notice @ the bottom there is a gray area where widgets go + the footer.
    There are no widgets right now and I really dont want there to be any because when you add the widget, it is so much gray space that it looks off...

Try adding this CSS:

div#footer {
        min-height: 0;
    }

div#footer_widgets_wrap {
        display: none;
    }

If your theme doesn't allow you to enter your own custom CSS, you can use this plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Also, may I ask if I change my theme.. currently the opulus sombre, will it change the website and make me start over?

A theme simply controls the presentation of your site, nothing more than that.
    So no, you won't have to start over, your content will still be there.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Jennifer
    • Flash Drive

omG! I deleted marketpress and now its working. must have been a glitch of some sort. that's the second time that happened and i had to delete the plugin.

i just went went another plug in; however, my original concern of the footer spacing still exists. lol

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.