I need help. We're using your Pay Per View plugin and for

Hello!

I need help. We're using your Pay Per View plugin and for some reason, it's started having issues. We had someone try to purchase a story today and PayPal won't take the Credit Card. We did tests with our own card and get the same error: You have entered an invalid number or partial credit card or debit card number. Please check your entry and try again.
We need this fixed ASAP. Our site is hampshirereview.com.

Thanks!
Mandy

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Mandy

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

When a plugin function suddenly stops working correctly, that usually means something has changed on your site, or at the server the plugin is trying to connect to.

I am not aware of any recent changes to the PayPal API.

So, have you installed or updated or reconfigured any plugins on your site recently?

I notice that you are using the WordFence plugin, as I cannot access your site from my IP (I'm in Canada). Would you please double-check settings for all security & cache plugins on your site.

I would even go as far as temporarily deactivating them to test again.

Please let us know the results and, if you need more help here, we'll dive in with you.

Thanks!

• Mandy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Patrick!

We haven't installed any new plugins as of late. I also have down the de/reactivating of our plugins one-at-a-time and no change.

I've made it so Canada IPs can now access our site so you can take a look yourself and see what issue there may be.

I've also got an email in to PayPal and am hoping they reply soon.

Thanks!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Mandy

I hope you're well today!

yes, I can now access your site, thank you.

Would you please now enable support access via your WPMU DEV Dashboard as described here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Also, on which specific story page was the plugin misbehaving? Can you post the exact URL here please?

I'm following this thread so I'll be notified as soon as you post again with that info. I'll then pop in to see if I can spot anything amiss. May I also have your permission to set PayPal in the plugin temporarily to sandbox mode to do some testing?

Thanks!

• Mandy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Michael,

I read the info on the link you submitted. The customer said that she had just used the credit card on another site the day before and it worked fine, also that she had used it to purchase stories from us previously too, using the same card. She has a PayPal account and it wouldn't even let her pay through it.

I looked in the transactions under the Pay Per View and it looks like we had a purchase 2 weeks ago, but haven't had any since November, which is very strange because prior to that, it was fairly steady, at least 5-10 article purchases a week.

Thanks for your help!
    Mandy

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Mandy,

I tried to check your site but I'm getting Your access to this site has been limited error so I can't test it on my side.
    Did you maybe made some security changes in the meantime that may be causing this?

Can you allow support access again and I will ping @Patrick to have a look at it since you already enabled access from Canada?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Mandy

I hope you're well today!

Thanks so much for your patience on this issue. Apparently, I'm the only one on the support staff who can access your site (due to country blocking, I can only presume). :slight_smile:

I'm logging in now and will keep you posted on what I find...

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@Mandy

Nothing useful to report yet I'm afraid.

I set things up on your site with both my own sandbox credentials and our company sandbox credentials. Neither configuration would accept any test credit card numbers supplied by PayPal for this exact purpose. :slight_frown:

So I've re-entered your live credentials, and have asked a colleague in the US to try to make an actual purchase with a real credit card (I saw you had also unblocked the US in WordFence).

One thing I found curious though: would you please double-check that the PayPal API Signature that you have entered is indeed correct? There is a dot at the end of the signature entered, and I have never seen any such punctuation marks in an API signature before.

Thanks!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Mandy, my apologies for the delay on this thread!

I tried attempting a purchase of that article using my PayPal account (I'm US based here), and I got this error:

There was a problem finalizing your purchase with PayPal. Please try again.

In regards to this:

I logged into our PayPal and our API sig does have a dot at the end. Should I try removing it and see what it does?

I'd try doing that, though I have a feeling if it does include the period at the end, then it's probably a part of the signature.

Should that not work though, it'd be best at this point if we were to have a closer look at what's going on here. Could you please send in the following:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Edit: Corrected error message

• Mandy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Michael,

That's ok, I understand this issue is a bit stumping. We're not sure what's going on. It was working fine until the last 2-3 months. Now, we've actually had some transactions, but not as many as we've had in the past.

Sure, you can remove the period off our PayPal API sig. The worst it will do is not work at all.

I'll fill out the form per your directions and have it to you shortly.

Thanks!
    Mandy

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Mandy,

While we're waiting on PayPal here, I'm going to call in our second level support staff here, as this looks to require their level of expertise.

In regards to the WP admin details though, I noticed that the user in question is only an admin of the subsite, rather than being a network admin. If you could make that user a network admin, that'd help our second level support staff out. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience throughout this whole ordeal, it's really appreciated! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

P.S. In regards to removing the period at the end of your API Signature, that didn't work, it's supposed to be there.

• Mandy
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Michael,
      I hope to hear from PayPal soon, but after 2-3 of no response, kind of discouraging.
      I updated the WP admin to full administrator for Network access.
      Thanks for your persistence in trying to fix our issue.

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Mandy,

That's so cold. The weather is warm here :slight_smile:

I has some works on your site, I found that in the last step, when we confirm the payment and submit, the $_SESSION has empty, that's mean the data return from PayPal won't last to the end.

This issue will need more time for trace and fix, and it's not happen on my dev site :slight_frown:, so I will need a test place on your network. Can I create a new site just for testing purpose :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Thanks!!!

Hoang

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Mandy,

I do various tests, but I still not find out what's happen. The Session already run, but the values just empty. I think we got a plugin conflict issue here. Does it OK if I turn on/off some plugins in Network Plugins for test?

Please advise,
    Thanks!!!

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.