I need help with the Directory plugin

Hi, my name is Peggy and I am creating a wedding directory site and need help with getting started with the Directory plugin. I downloaded it today and I'm not sure how to make this work with my site. I have the home page already created and designed the way the person wants it, http://www.troianiwebdesign.com/wedding is the site.

All of the categories are already on the home page on the top, and both sides as links. This is the first time I am doing any kind of a directory site so I'm a little overwhelmed with this. They want to have a page that lists all of the companies that register for a certain category to show up on one page and then each company have their own page when clicked on.

Also can I add a link onto the home page for someone to register?

I would appreciate any help with this, I'm a little stressed right now!!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Peggy,

I hope you are well today.

Don't be stressed we're here to help :slight_smile:

It sounds like it should work well for what you want to achieve out of the box.
    Are you using a custom menu at all on the site? Should the directory categories be displaying on the homepage or just as a single menu item to click through to read all the categories? And then on click through of a category, they can view the contents, correct?

This shortcode will generate a sign-up button (for the directory).

[dr_signup_btn text="Signup" view="always]

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• lpjjonline
    • Flash Drive

Hi Jack,

Thank you for responding!! What I am looking to do is use the links I have on the homepage as the directory categories and when clicked on it will take you to the members of that category. Does that make sense?

Also I want to add the sign-up button into the header section so can I use that shortcode above that you listed or do I need php code?

Thank you again for your help, I soooo appreciate it!!

Thanks,
    Peggy

• lpjjonline
    • Flash Drive

Hi Jack,

I was going through the tutorial and I'm still confused! I made all of the home page links categories in "Listing Categories" but what do I do now? What short codes do I add and where do I add them?

And I still have the question above about adding the shortcode into the header section.

Thanks Jack!
    Peggy

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Peggy,

So sorry about the delay in my reply, I missed your last two posts.

I hope your well today.

As you've made all the home page links "listing categories" do they link through correctly to the directory listings or where do they go? Do you have a direct link for me to take a look at?

The shortcode in the header section depends, do you have widgets in the header or was this going direct into the theme itself? Which theme are you using?

Thank you again and sorry for the delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.