I need help with two customizations: one is the currency,

I need help with two customizations: one is the currency, as it is listed USD and I need to be CAD.

Another one is the font - I can't find where to change the font. I added the following code to the custom CSS but it is not working:
.body {
font-family: 'Marcellus+SC', sans-serif;
font-size: 18px;
font-weight: 300;
}

Thanks a lot!
Helena

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Helena Artmann,

I hope had been good today!

1) Change Currency

Go to Appointments+ -> Settings -> General, scrool down to "Payment settings" section.

Turn "Payment required" to "Yes" to show the options available, and changes the currency.

You don't need to require payment to change the currency, If you change and them turn the "Payment required" to "No" the currency will change in the same.

2) Font Family

Appointments+ inherits the font family of your website. So, you trying to change the font family to our entire website?

You are using a Google Font?

Cheers, Luís

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Helena Artmann,

I tried to access your site using support staff access, but it's displaying the following error message:

Sorry, this is an invalid access token. You must ask the user to grant access.

Could you please revoke and after regrant the support staff access again?

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís

• Helena Artmann
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Luis,

I did it. But I have new questions for you. The font is now ok but my client is asking the following customization:

On the form I would like to have a few details from the clients and have them select the services and length of treatment.

Name

Address

Phone #

Email Address

Select returning client or new client

Select location: Banff or Canmore

Select type of services and length:

30 minute massage $60.00

45 minute massage $75.00

60 minute massage $90.00

90 minute massage $125.00

60 minute craniosacral $90.00

45 minute life path reading $90.00

45 minute mediumistic reading $90.00

30 minute trance healing $60.00

60 minute trance healing $90.00

...and some information about the 24hrs cancellation policy and method of payment.

Is that possible? Thanks a lot,
    Helena

• Helena Artmann
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Luis,

In fact, I need help with the following:

1. Select returning client or new client - I added additional fields but it is not showing up. Check image attached.

2. Select location: Banff or Canmore - I added the location and added the shortcode to the page (see image attached) but it is NOT showing up on the site! Why?

Thanks,
    Helena

• Helena Artmann
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Luis,

Two more things:

1. The location is still not showing up (please see above);

2. The payment is setup as YES but some of the services will NOT require payment. How can I set this up?

On another note, the payment button (see attached) is not following the colours of the site. How can I access the button to change the colours? The light grey should be changed to red... Thanks!

Helena

• Luís
      • Support

Hi @Helena Artmann,

1) You didn't defined a location for the services.

If the same Service Provider offer the same Service in two different Locations, you will need to duplicate the Services, in order to assign different locations to this Services.

You will need to do this, in order to the system manage correctly the Capacity to each Service.

If this management doesn't matter, you can create an additional field to allow users to choose a location (for your information only).

2) I'm afraid that the only way to do that is remove the price in Services tab.

3) Change the color adding some custom CSS:

I.E: Change the background color for the two buttons:

.appointments-confirmation-buttons input {
          background-color: #aaa;
      }

Or only the confirmation button:

.appointments-confirmation-button input {
      }

Or only the cancel button:

.appointments-confirmation-cancel-button input {
      }

If you don't know, you should always avoid change the original CSS files, in order to don't lose it all when you make an update.

So, we recommend use a plugin to add custom CSS:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Cheers, Luís

• Helena Artmann
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Luis,

I have some requests from my graphic designer:

Can the Google button be removed?

Can we move the ‘returning client’ text to the right side of the button?

Can we move the ‘next month’ button up under the left monthly calendar so it’s seen right away?

The payment button (see attached above) is not following the colours of the site. How can I access the button to change the colours? The light grey should be changed to red...

And what the button ’Available times’ is supposed to do. It should do something as we are showing times available already.

Thanks a lot,
    Helena

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Helena Artmann,

1) Yes, you can remove the Google button.

Go to Appointments+ -> Settings -> Google Calendar

In the Google Calendar Button Settings section set "Add Google Calendar Button" to "No";

2) Right side of the confirmation button?

3) Add this CSS code to move the ‘next month’ button to the left side:

.appointments-pagination .next {
        float: left;
    }

4) In Working hours tab you can define the schedule to each Service Provider. Also, you can define a Capacity to each Service.

When you click "Show available times" it's supposed to show the times available to that Service based on the Working Hours of the Service Provider and the Capacity of that Service.

As you only have one Service Provider and have not defined any Capacity for their Services, apparently the results are always the same.

Cheers, Luís

• Helena Artmann
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Luis,

That's fantastic! Thanks a lot.

What is the code to change the colour of the PAYMENT button? The others were changed already and everything is good to go, only the payment button is not (the light grey one). See attached file.

Is there a way to show five business days of appointments like this one? https://www.appointment.com/customer/book_appointment_select.php?pid=58691&sid=0&dt=1446422400

Thanks,
    Helena

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Helena Artmann,

Change the CSS code to this, to force the override:

.appointments-confirmation-buttons input {
        background-color: #aaa !important;
    }

Unfortunately this option is not available for a monthly calendar.

But I think this feature would be a good addition to the Appointments+ project. I've just moved this over to our Features and Feedback, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

Cheers, Luís

• Helena Artmann
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Luis,

I did what you suggested: I created two services of each one of them to assign a location for them. Now, I have a location showing up after the information about the service PLUS a drop down menu to choose a location. See image attached.

Another problem I am finding with this client is that she offers all her services in two locations. And they all have different time slots! 30 min, 45 min, 60 min and 90 min. When I click on the calendar for 30 min, all the time will be in 30 min increment, which makes sense but then will mess her other appointments! How to fix this?

Thanks,
    Helena

• Helena Artmann
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Now I am encountering a new problem... Some services are not showing availability for December or January, for example. Why is that? :slight_frown: I noticed this is happening with services that don't need a location - she offers some long distance services, through skype or phone.

and when I select a service location and click on 'show available services', the location will disappear and I will have two buttons with the same subject: please select a service. This will be very confusing for clients and for the professional, my client!

How can we fix all this? Thanks!

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Helena Artmann,

I understand your view.

I think the best solution for your case is:

1) Using this shortcode:

[app_required_service_locations]

This shortcode creates a dropdown menu of available service locations which will be converted to a service list once a location has been chosen.

With this shortcode you will avoid using two drop down menus, one for choose the service and other to choose the location. It will be selected in one dropdown only.

2) Create a "Location" like "Via Skype or Phone" to use in long distance services.

Then the user can choose if wants a service in a specific location or via Skype or phone.

3) If you click in a service with 30min, and then select a 45 min service, you need to clicks in the "Show Available Times" button, in order to change the schedule intervals.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Helena Artmann
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Luis,

I added the shortcode and created the location called Skype or Phone. It was a great idea and things seem to be working this way except for the fact that I clicked on see available times for one of the options via Skype and when I click on it, the name of the service was different. See image attached.

So, I went back and tried to click on a different service still under skype or phone but even in different months I didn't find any availability, which is weird, because this site is not online yet... Any ideas? A comment: these are the only services that I put the price because she does request a payment when booking... the others, the person will pay when she/he comes for the appointment. Do you think this may be the problem?

I also have a few questions from my client:

How does this set up work when I'm on vacation and not available but still want clients to be able to book in for when I get back?

I've a 24 hrs cancellation policy. Clients shouldn't be able to cancel online within 24 hrs before their appointment. They gave to call as I have to discuss the rate that applies except for health reasons or emergency situations.

How does it work for last minute bookings? Ideal would be that clients have to book two hours or longer before the appointment.

Thanks,
    Helena

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Helena Artmann,

1) In the Service Providers tab, you need to add that Services to the current Service Provider. As this Service don't have any Service Provider, does not show availability in the calendar.

2) In the Exceptions tab, you can add your vacation dates into "Exceptional NON working days" field.

Note: First you need to select the Service Provider.

3) Unfortunately you can not set the cancellation period. You allow cancel appointments or not.

But you can define a cancellation page, and in that page explain the cancellation policy.

See this option in Settings -> General, Accessibility Settings section.

4) You can define it in Settings -> General, Time Settings section, Appointments lower limit (hours) field.

Here you can define the time before the system block the time slot.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Helena Artmann
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Luis,

Me again! :wink:

I have a few comments/questions from my client and I need your help to answer her. See below:

I don't find the cancellation list/waiting list that I asked for. (I am assuming she wants a link on the appointments page under the plugin - is this possible?)

From the client point of view, if I want to switch back and forth between the two locations to look at availability...how do I do that when the option choosing a location isn't available any longer after I chose one address once? It's inconvenient to click on the booking calendar to start all over again.

Thanks,
    Helena

• Luís
      • Support

Hi @Helena Artmann,

Regarding to your questions:

1) When a user cancel an appointment, the Website Admin and the Service Provider receive and email notification.

Make sure that in Appointments ->Settings -> General, in the Notification Settings section you have set the field "Send Notification to admin if confirmation is required" to "Yes".

Also the canceled Appointments are displayed in Appointments-> Appointments -> Removed appointments.

2) I understand the point of view of your client, but I'm afraid that you can't avoid it.

Cheers, Luís

• Helena Artmann
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

One more question, Luis:

Does this program allow to change the day and location by the month ahead of time? I will work Monday and Tuesday in Canmore for the month of November. Can I change the calendar to Monday - Wednesday in Canmore for the month of December before the end of November?

Thanks,
    Helena

• Helena Artmann
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Luis,

Do you think it would work if I create a service provider called Petra - Banff and another one called Petra - Canmore and change it accordingly? Because I can't define by location or by month but I can define it by service provider, right?

So, maybe we can create one called Petra (my client's name) and the month: Petra - November, for example. Do you think it would work?

Thanks,
      Helena

• Helena Artmann
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Luis,

I just had a meeting with my client and she is not happy with this plugin - there are too many things that she needs it to perform that you said it can't.

Is there any chance I can get a refund from my payment? I am not going to use my account for anything as she was the reason I signed up. :slight_frown:

Thanks a lot,
    Helena

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Helena Artmann,

I'm sad that the plugin has not fulfilled all their expectations or does not have all the features you want.

I will ask you to use our contact form and select "I have a billing question". They have more access to your account info and can inform you better about it.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.