i need help with what to do next. I bought cloner in hopes

Hello, i need help with what to do next.
I bought cloner in hopes of helping this owner of moving his site from ourtownmag.org (otm.org) to ourtowngwinnett.com (otg.com). it turns out the two sites are on the same GoDaddy hosting account. So actually they can't be in same root, so ourtowngwinnett.com is in a subdirectoy /otg.
So, anyway cloners did not work since this was not a multisite, so someone graciously swapped it for Snapshot (SS) . I ran SS on Otm.org and restored on otg.com. It worked.....all content came over (1G)....plugins, themes, even had to log in like i was logging into OTM.org. The home page and slider all look and work fine but no links or view page or posts not work beyond that. They all point to a place on the server that doesn't exist. Example: looking at post with content and media in WP "Edit Post". Permalink is: http://ourtowngwinnett.com/featurestory-...ies-by-sherrie/ when i click "view post", You get: "Not Found
The requested URL /otg/feature-story-necessities-by-sherrie/ was not found on this server." Anyway to fix this so the site works like it does on otm.org? Please Help! Thanks.

Is there a way to fix this so the site works like the old?

• aristath

Hello there @Finley, I hope you're well today!

This could simply be a .htaccess issue on your server...
    Please check the following:
    1. Does a .htaccess file exist in the root of that site?
    2. Is that file properly configured? You can edit it and add the default contents as these are found here: http://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess
    3. If you already did the above, from your dashboard go to settings => permalinks. Once you get there, just save the permalinks. This will force-regenerate all permalinks on your site and hopefully fix this.

Please try the above and let us know if they work!

Also, you may want to disable any caching plugins you may have enabled on your site before doing the above.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.