I need resources for learning how to create new payment gateway - where do I begin???

Hello, and thanks in advance for your time.

Using the framemarket theme, I need to connect/integrate the marketpress shopping cart system with a new payment gateway (verotel flexpay).

I posted this as a job in the developer area but no one is responding, so it looks like I may have to just do it myself. I wanted to do it anyway, just don't know what I need to learn in order to be able to accomplish it. I know html and css. I understand wordpress and php enough to customize any theme to my liking, but that does not a developer make :slight_smile:

Can someone please tell me what specific things I need to learn how to do with php in order to accomplish this? Even on this site it says that only a "halfway decent" developer is needed to add a new payment gateway. I'm sure I could make it at least that far.

I just ordered Murach's PHP book from amazon and I'm all set to sign up to learnable for the sitepoint/Kevin Yank php course, tutsplus for the smashing mag. courses and killersites for more on php and design. Sheesh, I'm already feeling info overload. Marketing is more my forte, not tech stuff, but I'll do whatever it takes to get my goals accomplished.

Sorry to rant, but I'm feeling really frustrated, as I've been trying to figure out how to add ecommerce to my mp3 story site for months now (tried with zencart first, but WPMUdev makes things looks so much better...) The only thing more frustrating than not knowing how to do something is not knowing where to go in order to learn how to do it.

Oh, and I have to use verotel flexpay (or ccbill oe epoch) because none of the other processors, such as paypal, allow adult content and my stories are erotic.