I need shipping costs to show in cart

I need to have shippingcosts showing in my cart. Normally the shippingcosts are added after the customer fills in his shippinginformation, or when a customer is logged in. I my case it means that customers don't see the final total amount until they are redirected to, in this case probably always, iDeal.

I only deliver in the Netherlands and only have 2 different shippingfees depending on the ordertotal.

1. Shipping = € 7,50 for order amounts of € 0,01 to € 149,00.

2. For orders with a total amount of € 150,00 and above shipping is free.

So I don't need to know the address before adding shipping.
I've been trying to find a solution here, but they don't exactly do what I want. For example:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-solution-to-show-total-on-shipping-page-before-payment#post-214901

doesn't work for me because I have several payment gateways available (iDeal, PayPal and Manual Payment). This one works only for Paypal? (Please advise if I'm wrong about that).

The other possible solution I found came from @militarymama, it basically does what I want. But...
I've looked at her website and it seems to add extra costst whenever a single product is being ordered in higher quantities. (product x costst € 1.00 extra shipping is € 2,00, total € 3,00. When changing the quantity it also changes shipping which is not how it should be in my store.)

Any advise would be appreciated!

Regards,
Jolanda

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey there Jolanda,

I do know that militarymamma hired an outside developer to add this to her cart.

As for the other code, it's custom as well. I am not sure exactly how this relates to the gateways as a whole, I do know that most take the information sent to them in different ways, so this would be no different.

You would definitely need to look into hiring a developer to extend this functionality at this time. I will, however, put in a request to the developer about a way to possibly extend the shipping display.

Best

Kimberly

• Jolandak
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks! I've solved my problem for now by putting information regarding shippingcosts above the shoppingcart.

Hopefully in the future I can change this. Please let me know when you have an answer regarding your request for extending the shipping display.

Is there a way to place the shoppingcart on the checkout-page?

Thanks again!

• Jolandak
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Wouldn't it be possible to simply call the cart as it is shown on the shopping cart page?
    I might be completely wrong, but I'm thinking I can put it on top of the checkout page by placing it in: store settings > messages?

Please advise!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

You might be interested to check out the themeing marketpress doc in
    /wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes

It tells you how marketpress reads the page templates and directs you to the
    template fucntions,php

to build pages with custom content layou

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.