I need some help in setting up multi site

I'm using the trial version of your product and I need some help in setting up multi site because I need service provider to register to my site and have their own site and setup their calendars for the their customers.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Bala,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

As Faydra already shared our Multisite manual with you (thanks Faydra!) I'll encourage you to read it through. All aspects of setting up a basic Multisite WordPress are covered there and by following it you should be able to setup a Multisite network in not time.

In case you'd need any further assistance, please elaborate a bit on the issue you're experiencing and I'll be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Adam

• bala
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thank you that worked.
    Now I would like to setup registration page for client and service provider. and I want service provider to register trought the membership plugin and setup their own site and calendar for their clients.
    I'm wondering now if client need to register to the main site to make it easier or from service providers site?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello bala!

The "Service Provider" is a regular WP user so there's no difference in registration form/way. I think however I'm still not quite following the setup that you'd like to achieve. Could you provide me with an example "case scenario" and a brief example "user/service provider" workflow?

I hope I'll be then able to provide you with more detailed description of Appointments+ settings.

Best regards,
    Adam

• bala

So really what I need to do is to have service providers to register to my site and then they will have to setup their own site and access to the calendar to schedule their appointments. so when their client get access to their sites they can book appointment instead of me doing it , they will automatically get their own site and manage so I have enabled multi site already.
    For now services provider are free to register later on they will have to pay to register trought the membership plugin.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello bala,

Thank you for this explanation!

I think this will take much more than just a Multisite but we've got you covered :slight_smile: Since Multisite is up and running I'd suggest now setting up Appointments+ fully.

Once this is up and running I'd install our "Pro Sites" plugin instead of a Membership 2 Pro. This is because you require your service providers to setup their own sites and in future you're going to charge them. Pro Sites will let you do just that and also - similar to Membership 2 Pro - it supports recurring payments (e.g. monthly or yearly).

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

Finally, after all this is setup, I'll be happy to help you "fine-tune" the site. Would that work for you? If so, take a look please at both plugins (linked above) and give them a try.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Bala!

I'm a bit confused. Pro Sites shouldn't ask you for any activation keys and blog id's in order to be installed and activated. The installation procedure is as follows:

- make sure that the "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin is acitive and logged in into your WPMU DEV account
    - go to "Network Admin -> Dashboard -> WPMU DEV -> Plugins" page
    - find "Pro Site" on plugin's list
    - click on "Install" button and then on "Activate" plugin.

Then the plugin should be immediately active and available via "Network Admin -> Dashboard -> Pro Sites" page.

That said could you please remove the plugin and then install it again following steps above? Let me know about the result.

Best regards,
    Adam

• bala

I have enable subdirectories for my multi site and it's working.
    Adam, I'm trying to put my business online if this need a developper to be involved in let me know and we discuss about the price, here is what I need.
    I want each service provider to register to my site and have his own site(portal) to manage his appointments and his clients. I will use Pro-sites as you suggested for the provide membership to get heir own sites.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Helo bala!

Adam, I'm trying to put my business online if this need a developper to be involved in let me know and we discuss about the price, here is what I need.

We don't provide any custom development services but if you're in need of a developer please post a question/job offer on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff members involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

I want each service provider to register to my site and have his own site(portal) to manage his appointments and his clients. I will use Pro-sites as you suggested for the provide membership to get heir own sites.

Now you got MultiSite working so users (e.g. service providers) should be able to register for their own sites already. Pro Sites will let you manage what features are available for them and also will let you charge them for signup.

As for further setup of this, I'll be happy to assist you but I really need to know precisely what kind of help do you expect. At this point I suggest installing Appointments+ on your network and setting up Pro Sites.

The question is: would you like your service providers to run their own instances of Appointments+ meaning that they would be completely of charge of everything appointments-related on their own sites ("portals") including setting up services and pricing and charging directly their own customers? Or do you wish to have a "central" booking hub where all the services and prices are controlled by you and service providers can only set their own hours and see their booked appointments?

Best regards,
    Adam

• bala

In response to your question, I need the first option "service providers to run their own instances of Appointments+ meaning that they would be completely of charge of everything appointments-related on their own sites ("portals") including setting up services and pricing and charging directly their own customers? "
    Services providers will subscribe to my site by paying their membership using the pro-site plugin.
    another question is registering service provider do I need a plugin for registration form?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello bala!

I know that you already have Multisite up and running so the next step is to setup Pro Sites, create some levels (these wold be your "subscriptions" that service providers will be charged for) and make sure this is all running fine.

After you're sure that users are able to visit your main site and successfully sign up for their own site there please follow these steps:

1. login to your site as a super-admin and go to "Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Plugins" page
    2. Find and install "Appointments+" plugin but do not click "Network Activate" when prompted; leave it inactive
    3. Go to "Network Admin -> Pro Sites -> Premium Plugins" page and find "Appointments+" on a list
    4. From the "Minimum Level" drop-down list select the Pro Sites level from which "up" (for this and all "more premium" levels) the plugin should be available
    5. Tick the "Auto Activate" check box and save changes.

That'd be all you need to make it running. Anyone that wants to become a "service provider" will be able to go to your Pro Sites signup page where they select website package that's suitable for them signup for the site and make the payment. Once the payment is done the site gets setup and activated along with separate instance of Appointments+ plugin so they are able to fully manage all its settings: starting from all configurable behavior, through services and service providers configuration, working hours schedules and prices, ending on handling booked appointments, including using their own PayPal accounts for grabbing payments for appointments if necessary.

another question is registering service provider do I need a plugin for registration form?

You won't need any additional registration forms for this I think. The workflow I described above should work nice I think :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• bala

Thank you. Yes i have create some levels and that is working. but when I go to my url/pro-site its asking to login. to login you have to register first. so I was using the membership plugin registration form before.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello bala!

Yes i have create some levels and that is working. but when I go to my url/pro-site its asking to login. to login you have to register first.

This is because of your WordPress setting. To fix it (so users won't be required to register first in order to signup for the site) please login to your site as a super-admin and then:

- go to "Network Admin -> Settings -> Network Settings"
    - set "Allow new registrations" option to "Both sites and user accounts can be registered"
    - save settings

See screenshot below please:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello bala!

You cannot add table or change form's HTML code in anyway but you can style it using CSS and with some custom rules you should be able to achieve quite awesome effect :slight_smile:

First please make sure that you configured that form (the "Pricing table") the way you want. To do this, please go to your site's "Network Admin -> Pro Sites -> Pricing Table" and explore options available there. There are also some options affection pricing tables' design so they may be worth checking.

Once you're ready with this, you will most likely want to add some more CSS styling to the page. Are you familiar with CSS and using browser's element/dom inspector (tools) or would you need some more help with this?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi bala,

I'm still not sure how this should look so here some CSS you can try out:

#prosites-user-register {
        text-align: center;
    }

#prosites-user-register .username,
    #prosites-user-register .email,
    #prosites-user-register .blogname,
    #prosites-user-register .blog_title,
    #prosites-user-register #privacy {
        margin-bottom: 12px;
    }

#prosites-user-register #check-prosite-blog {
        margin-bottom: 20px;
    }

That will make your form look like this:

Let us know if that's something you're trying to do.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Bala,

If users start from fresh installation of subsite they will need to configure the plugins themselves, however we do have New Blog Templates plugin that allows you to create template sites with specific theme and plugins settings based on which subsites can be created so it doesn't need to be configured from scratch.
    You can check it out here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

If you have any additional questions that are not closely related to original question from this thread please open a new one, it will help us keep better track of everything.
    You can start a new thread here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Best regards,
    Predrag

• bala

I have installed the new blog templates for my site users and used divi theme for the template
    It need to be a user friendly so they can have their menu like Manage my calendars, appointment, news letter etc.
    This is a user how subscribed to my site for testing purposes
    http://smart-move.ca/adam348/

My clients are moving companies so they not tecnnical wondering if I need a differents setup because they can't setp plugins, they are not technical

• bala

So really what I want is service providers once they have paid and setup their own sites, I would like to have a user friendly portal so they can setup their own calendars and news letters for their clients.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello bala!

The purpose of New Blog Templates plugin is basically to let you build entire website - including selecting and configuring theme and plugins - that will later be "automatically set as user's site".

The workflow would be like this:

- you setup a site the way you'd like it to look/work for as if your customer would use it
    - you setup and configure all the plugins, the theme and even some content if you wish
    - then you mark it as a "New Blog Templates" template

From know on users can sign up for a new site and select that "template" upon signup and they'll be given that exact site (actually, the copy of it) along with setup and configured themes and plugins. I think this should suit your requirements.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello bala!

After they get their own site they're fully in charge of it and they are able to make changes by themselves. Nothing stands in a way though for you to provide them with any services (like e.g. graphic design or some additional maintenance) you like. Updating the site template though won't affect already created sites. You, as a super-admin, however always have an access to all the sub-sites of your network and can make any changes you want/need.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.