I need some help with a setting!

Hello!

I need some help with finding a good way to use The Genesis feature Amplified plugin (to show pages instead of posts) on first page on my installation of futurism.se

I run Genesis Agency pro theme and i would like to just set three pages as clickable like they do in the demo of agency pro (but there its posts, not pages)

i Also changed this to use Amplified.

https://gist.github.com/jamesmm77/7727419

and it seams to work out, but i want 3 pictures with page links in a row without boarders and not as it is now…

Can you guys assist me?

Cheers,

Andreas Graning

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @andreas

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

First of all Genesis Agency pro theme is a third party product, you will get better support if you as the question in their forum. But I will try my best to answer you :slight_smile:

but i want 3 pictures with page links in a row without boarders and not as it is now

Are the pictures already in there? If yes, please share me a link of that page, I will check and try to suggest some css for it.

Please let me know.

Cheers

Ash

• Titanium Creative
    • Finder of Elusive Bugs

Good start. I use Genesis and develop custom child themes. After looking at the markup it looks like you just need to add a featured image to those posts. You should make sure it is large enough and proportioned to fit the space you are filling there.

Pages and posts are basically the same thing. Pages are just a special post case. you can make them behave however you want. but, if you want those to be pages, you need to create them as pages instead of posts. Then use a featured page widget to accomplish what you have designed.

Hope that helps.

• Titanium Creative
    • Finder of Elusive Bugs

I am seeing them in a row. It looks like they drop beneath each other as the screen gets smaller.

What browser are you using? Maybe you need a browser fix in the css?

I also notice that the <article> tag has clear:both applied to it. I suspect that could cause trouble since you are trying to align them in a row.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

Please check the site, I made it three column for pages. (you may need to pages from the widget)

Now please apply your new style to make it nicer :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you find this is helpful, or if you have any further questions.

Cheers

Ash

• Andreas
    • Flash Drive

@ashok Thanks for your effort but i don’t think that this made it any better, maybe i will go back to posts instead of pages and find some kind of solution for it. Since it looks terrible on mobile devices (just 3 long stripes next to each other)

Is there any way to set up my news page to blog post page and hide the 3 post on frontpage?

And also i need to link click on first page post to a page not a post – is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

@Titanium Creative

Thanks for your inputs! How did the site look like when you seen it? I guess that Ashok made his changes before you did. Anyway you might know how to do it?

Cheers and thanks!

Andreas Graning

• Titanium Creative
    • Finder of Elusive Bugs

When I looked, it was looking good but the image areas were just showing as magenta blocks. That makes me wonder if you ever set the featured images for each page/post.

If you don’t set them and don’t use a conditional where you want them to be, the container will still show up empty. It sounds like that is what you are seeing.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

• Titanium Creative
    • Finder of Elusive Bugs

I went back and looked. It looks the same as it was when I looked earlier. I think the problem you are having is the featured images are not set. You need to go to each page/post and do that. Then look at it and make changes if needed.

I posted a screen shot and the magenta bar you are seeing is three posts next to each other. If you mouse over them you can see that. All that's missing are the images.

Some browsers will tend to collapse images that aren't set properly and that sounds like what you are seeing.

If you get the images in and it is still not working right, we can take it from there.

• Andreas
    • Flash Drive

Hi there!

the feature picture is a magenta block :wink: for test purposes only.

Now i figured a workaround for this by using my google and cut-n-paste skills i can use canonical and 301 to put a post direct to page.

And also uses the code i posted for using Amplified version.

But there is still some problems that i need to take care off.

1) The first and the second block does not work the same way right now since it shows info “under” picture on the second row (senaste nyheter) and works like it should on the first (smt 2014)

2) i lost the white background for all my pages and posts.

Any ideas? :wink:

Cheers,

Andreas Graning

• Andreas
    • Flash Drive

as seen on picture (and live on futurism.se) it creates a extra space under the picture instead of using the same mousover as the smt 2014 row…

same settings on the plugin using in different widgets so i guess its a matter of widget setting :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Andreas Graning

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.