I need to add more than one image to my listings

Hello,

I'm having so much trouble trying to achieve what should surely be simple for a directory plugin. I need to add multiple images for each listing. I know that CustomPress does not have an image uploader field type (How can this be for something that claims to turn sites into 'full blown CMS' ?!).

So thought I'd go back to the inbuilt custompress to see if there was another way, I thought maybe WYSIWYG editor field type would work using the media uploader in there but it seems CustomPress doesn't even have a WYSIWYG editor option for new fields?

Am I missing something here? Does CustomPress really not have a WYSIWYG field type?

Also is there no number field or email/url field types that automatically validate?

Apologies if I am missing something glaringly obvious here. I love using advanced custom fields it's so simple and has all of the above options, I just need to use the Directory plugin on this job so want to do it with CustomPress as that's inbuilt and I can't seem to get ACF to play with Dorectory plugin on the front end (it all works apart from on the front end edit screen)

Can anyone please advise?

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Jon, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Am I missing something here? Does CustomPress really not have a WYSIWYG field type?

Also is there no number field or email/url field types that automatically validate?

That is correct, though you'd be more than welcome to open a feature request thread about those over here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/feature-suggestions#question

However, in regards to adding more than one image to your ad, you could always use the "Add Media" button available in the editor to insert one or more images.

How does that sound? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Jon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Michael,

I know that's one way but in my listings I have a separate custompress field that i need image adding through. I've found this link that shows how to add TinyMCE to the text areas so it's a core edit way that seems to be working (though obviously not ideal with it being core).

http://www.robbluther.com/tutorials/wordpress/custompress-adding-tinymce-editor-to-your-textarea-box/286

Just seems quite odd (to this layman!) that these features wouldn't be included in CustomPress, is there a reason?

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Jon, apologies for the delay here!

Glad to hear that the workaround provided in that tutorial works for you (though I should note, in Version 1.3.5.8, the "case 'textarea'" section mentioned in that article starts at line 592 of custompress/core/content-types.php, for anyone reading this at a later point).

I can't say as to why it hasn't been added yet, but the more people that vote on this feature to be included, the more likely it'll be considered. :slight_smile:

Hope you're having a great start to your weekend!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• mark singley
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I'm having the same trouble with images, and the upload media is not easy for non wordpress users. It's insufficient and not user friendly.

I'm simply trying to find out which uploader (nextgen, or the others) would help me upload images to a gallery that is created for the user in some way.

The wordpress media uploader and manager is not easy for non wordpress people.

• Jon

I honestly think that both the directory plugin and custompress are really promising but just do not deliver yet on what they claim to be.

How a plugin (custompress) to turn a site into a 'full blown CMS' does not have image uploader, WYSIWYG, validating number and email fields as options beggars belief. How on earth were they not considered important when planning out the plugin development roadmap?!

Same goes for ability to add more than one image for a listing within the directory plugin out of the box.

I've had to rely on the help of the experts at WPMUDEV (who have been great by the way) and do so much custom code and hacky fixes to get my site working and that is only working to the point where I have to upload my listings for clients through the admin backend. I just cannot get it user friendly enough for clients who have no idea about WP and are generally not that tech savvy. That is not really good enough to sell as a user managed listings site, they shouldn't have to email me every time they want to update their listing details.

Please, please get these plugins up to speed and to the level they should be at to make them outstanding!

:slight_smile:

• Sumit Kumar

Hi @Jon and @mark singley,

Thank you for your awesome feedback here.
    I have marked this thread for the developer to see as a "featured request". We will keep you posted, if its planned for nearest future release.

Thanks again, for your feedback and to make this plugin better. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Sumit.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.